Like every Monday the major Japanese retail and rental chain Tsutaya released its weekly sales charts, that are usually considered an interesting glimpse on what the Media Create charts will look like on Wednesday, since Tsutaya has a very large number of stores scattered across the whole country. This week, of course, is a quite special one, as it shows how the very first PS4 games did in the archipelago of the rising sun.
Here’s the full chart for the week between February the 17th and January the 23rd. New Releases are Bolded:
- Yakuza Ishin – PS3
- Yakuza Ishin – PS4
- Dragon Quest Monsters 2 – 3DS
- Miracles to Victory – Kuroko no Basketball – 3DS
- Killzone: Shadow Fall – PS4
- Yokai Watch – 3DS
- Battlefield 4 – PS4
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – Wii U
- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends – PS4
- Kirby Triple Deluxe – 3DS
- Pazudora Z – 3DS
- Puyo Pyuo Tetris – 3DS
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition – PS4
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – PS4
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – PS4
- FIFA 14 – PS4
- A Train 3D – 3DS
- Sengoku Basara 4 – PS3
- Grand Theft Auto V – PS3
- Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost – PS3
PS4 games did quite well, especially the predictable Yakuza Ishin, considering how popular the franchise is in Japan. Yet, just as predictably, the much bigger installed base of the PS3 pushed the old generation version of the game to the top of the charts.
For more precise data we’ll have to wait for Wednesday, when the Media Create weekly charts will be released, and we’ll also know how much how much the PS4 sold in its first two days on the shelves.