PS4 Wins Again in October in the US According to NPD Sales Data; NBA 2K15 on Top of Games
Like every month, the NPD released its sales data for the US market, and the PS4 has again overcome its Xbox One opposition.
The results are in, and PlayStation 4 is the top-selling console in the US for October! Thank you! pic.twitter.com/oPIhjrpppq
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) November 13, 2014
As for games, here’s the top ten, which sees the success of NBA 2K15, Super Smash Bros. and The Evil Within, while Destiny slips down in 5th place:
- NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (3DS)
- The Evil Within (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360, PC)
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (360, PS3, PC)
- Destiny (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
- Skylanders: Trap Team (360, Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, 3DS, mobile)
- FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, Wii, PS Vita, 3DS)
- Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4, XBox One, PC)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, PS4)
It’s worth mentioning that Sunset Overdrive came out in ninth place if you sort by SKU and not by game title.
It’ll definitely be interesting to see what the data for November will bring, considering that Microsoft is boasting two weeks in the lead thanks to the recent Holiday season price cuts. We’ll know around the half of December.