PS4/PS Vita Exclusive Akiba’s Beat Gets Western Release Dates and Trailer
Akiba's Beat comes in May to a PS4 or PS Vita near you.
Today Marvelous Entertainment and PQube announced the western release dates for the upcoming JRPG by Acquire Akiba’s Beat.
The game will release in North America on May 16th, and in Europe on May 19th, for PS4 and PS Vita.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here is all you need to know:
Mysterious events are taking place in Akihabara, the world-famous district of Tokyo where technology and culture meet. Twisted by a sinister presence, the people’s memories, hopes and dreams manifest in reality and warp Akiba in strange ways, the town is now stuck in a time loop, causing dangerous distortions in the very fabric of space and time!
Befriend the colourful characters of Akiba and form your team to take on fantasies come to life, become the champion of Akiba and restore the town to its rightful state in this exciting new Action RPG!
- Get into the action with an exciting real-time battle system.
- The battle is your stage – turn fights into your own music video with Imagine mode.
- Akihabara recreated – Explore Akiba in a perfectly mapped 1:1 version of this legendary district.
- Imaginative dungeon worlds based on the delusions of others – from music fans to Idol obsessives.
- Incredible art and expressive animation truly brings the characters to life.
- Arm your crew with clothing and accessories bought from stores in Akihabara to boost their stats and increase the odds in their favour.
- Collect hundreds of computer upgrade parts from across the town to enhance your weapons.
- Boost your stats even further with collectible trading cards.
- Choose your jam – Collect character theme songs and in-game pop hits, and play them in battle to provide your party with a newfound burst of power.
- Dual audio – Choose between Japanese and English audio.
On top of the release dates, we also get a new trailer, showcasing gameplay, and the game’s heavy focus on music.