PUBG: Battlegrounds Server Maintenance Schedule & Status Today (June 15)
PUBG: Battlegrounds' console servers will be offline for 7 hours as preparations for the release of update 18.1 begins
With the release of a brand new PUBG: Battlegrounds update comes an extended period of server maintenance for both Xbox and PlayStation consoles. But, once completed, update 18.1 will be available with some brand new content.
If you’re on PC, no downtime is expected this week, as update 18.1 was previously deployed on the platform last week. But, console users will find the game’s servers offline for a total of 7 hours later today. Check out the full server maintenance schedule below to find out when you can jump back in.
- IN OTHER NEWS: Jurassic World Evolution 2 Receives Movie Tie-In Expansion
PUBG: Battlegrounds Server Downtime Schedule On June 15th
As confirmed by the official PUBG: Battlegrounds Support Twitter account, server maintenance for the release of update 18.1 will begin on Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 at 9PM PT. For other parts of the world, this will be Thursday, June 16th, 2022 at 12AM ET / 5AM BST / 6AM CEST / 1PM KST.
Servers are expected to be offline for a total of 7 hours; during this time players will be unable to log in and play PUBG on Xbox and PlayStation consoles. Downtime is only for the console version of PUBG: Battlegrounds, PC players should not experience any connectivity issues during this time.
Once the servers are back online, players will be prompted to download a new patch, which will include all of the new content found in update 18.1.
- READ MORE: Deep Rock Galactic Season 3 Plans Teased By Devs
PUBG: Battlegrounds Update 18.1 Details
Although the game’s servers will be offline for an extended period of time, it’ll be worth the wait.
Update 18.1 includes a bunch of server fixes, item balancing, the beginning of a new ranked season, and much more. But, most importantly, some big map changes. As reported in the official patch notes, the following changes are being made in update 18.1:
- Steep cliffs and landscapes have been added to certain mountains near Capaco to prevent players climbing to the top.
- Additional rocks and cover have been added to specific areas such as the Lab and Atahul.
- Vehicle spots have been added near Makalpa.
- Additional rock pillars and cover have been added to historic sites near Makalpa.
- A new spiral-shaped well object has been added and scattered around Paramo.
- The B.Duck update has been removed from Sanhok.
Check out the full patch notes here to see all of the new changes included in the upcoming update.