PUBG Mobile Update 1.6 Patch Notes Today (September 14)
A new mode, returning maps, and more in update 1.6!
PUBG Mobile will officially be updated to version 1.6 today (September 14), as the developers confirm the update is now rolling out with plenty of new features.
Here’s everything you need to know about the latest PUBG Mobile update, including the full patch notes.
- READ MORE: PUBG Mobile x Jujutsu Kaisen Collaboration Officially Confirmed
What’s New In Update 1.6?
Update 1.6 looks to be one of the most interesting updates yet, as aliens have officially landed and a total of seven game modes are set to return.
Flora Menace is now live in PUBG Mobile‘s latest update and requires players to save the Cell Matrix, a giant spaceship that carries everyone’s hopes of escape after Erangel was invaded by alien plants called Yarilo.
In this new mode, players must go to the Cell Matrix and conduct investigations, reclaim the energy, and experience intense battles with random weapon drops and respawns.
As well as a brand new mode for players to discover, there will also be plenty of fan-favorite maps and modes returning. More details can be found in the patch notes below.
- READ MORE: PUBG Update 13.2 and Patch Notes
PUBG Mobile Update 1.6 Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the 1.6 PUBG Mobile update deployed on September 14. These notes were taken from the official PUBG Mobile Twitter account.
New Mode: Flora Menace
Erangel has been invaded by alien plants known as Yarilo. After absorbing special energy, the Yarilo quickly took over the major core urban areas and created the Rejuvenation Barrier, which has healing powers. The Cell Matrix, a giant spaceship that carries everyone’s hopes of escape, has gone out of control because of the invasion. Go to the Cell Matrix to conduct investigations, reclaim the energy, and experience awesome battles with random weapon drops and respawns. Call DynaHex Supplies to keep you well-supplied in battle.
We’ve been paying attention to everyone’s discussion over the various game modes. We feel extremely honored that the game modes we worked so hard on have been so well received. We plan to bring back the following modes. For more information, please follow our official announcements and our official social media communities.
- Metro Royale: Reunion – we’ll be improving some parts of Metro Royale soon
- Titans: Last Stand
- Survive Till Dawn
- Payload 2.0
- Infection Mode
- Runic Power
- VS AI
New Social Features
We want PUBG MOBILE to be a game that you enjoy playing and a way for you to share, show off, and meet new friends. We’ve added new social features to make it more convenient for you to meet new friends who also like PUBG MOBILE.
- Use the new Highlights feature to share your amazing plays! You can enable this in the settings. You can also view your career results and share them in Chats and on external platforms.
- Region Rankings will be tested in some countries/regions. You can choose a popular area/landmark in your country. Players in the same region can compete against each other competitively in the Region Rankings. You can get corresponding titles and invite players in the same region to team up with you, as well as chat with them and view their statuses.
Here at PUBG MOBILE, we always want all our players to be able to participate in tournaments, become more skilled, and share their achievements. We are committed to improving your combat experience and providing more opportunities and rewards because you’ve been giving it your all.
- Added the Playoffs to the All-Talent Championship. All teams that did not qualify for the Finals in the Semi-Finals will have the opportunity to participate in this. Don’t have any regrets! We also added Weekly Match rankings to give players more opportunities for exposure.
- Cycle 1 Season 2 (9/17–11/18) brings you better rewards, cooler effects, and more thoughtful features than before.
- Improved the display of some effects, as well as Emote performance, and basic controls. Your game experience should now be smoother.
Royale Pass Month 3: Chef’s Special (9/17–10/17)
Better rewards at the same price! Will you be the Server Golden Chicken? Try your luck!