Players Can Now Utilize the Skorpion Pistol in PUBG Update 23
PUBG Update 23 introduces the Skorpion machine pistol to the game that can help players by freeing up a main weapon slot in the late game.
Players will now be able to utilize the Skorpion Pistol in PUBG Update 23.
In PUBG Update 23 the Skorpion was added to the Test Server alongside a new Conquest mode Custom Game Setting and some other general improvements and bug/quality of life fixes. The training map now has a name: Camp Jackal, and can be selected as a War Mode map in custom games. Once testing is complete PUBG Update 23 will be implemented through all live servers. Squad mode will only be available while on the Test Server in order to reduce matchmaking time.
The Skorpion is a 9mm, 20 round machine pistol whose ammo count can be doubled to 40 with the standard extended magazine. It does not support the quickdraw magazines, however. While it has lower per bullet damage, you can switch between single shot and full auto firing types. Both a grip and stock can help decrease recoil, though you’ll never be able to overcome low accuracy when shooting over 50 meters. The Skorpion is a great replacement for an SMG in late game, given you have the proper attachments and plenty of ammo.
The full patch notes for PUBG Update 23 can be found on the Steam site with some highlights below. A trailer for the Skorpion can be found at the bottom of the post. A Halloween event is expected to drop soon, and players who link their PUBG and Twitch accounts can get 5 exclusive skins for clothing and weapons as part of a Wild West theme.
- UNDERWATER: Fixed the issue where players could use weapons while swimming if they kept pushing the weapon equip button near rocks
Lobby Patch Notes
- Added Patch Notes to the lobby. They can be viewed in a popup by clicking the Patch Notes icon in the top right.
- Videos included in the patch notes cannot be played directly in the client.
- When clicking on a video, an external browser will open to play the video.
- Note: This feature will be applied once the update is moved to live servers.
- Decreased recoil of the P18C.
- We’ve toned down the opacity of the blue zone so that it less difficult to see through.
- Added an on-screen dynamic key map guide which changes based on the gameplay situation.
- Appears above the minimap.
- Set to “On” by default, but can be switched off in Settings > Gameplay.
- We’ve improved the control of wheel menu, making it easier for players to select items.
- We’ve improved the Page Up/Page Down reticle changing functionality of red dot sight, holographic sight and 2x/3x scopes.
- Selections are now on a loop, so players can press one button to cycle through the options.
- The name of the player being watched while spectating teammates, in observer view, or killer spectating will now appear in the top left corner of the screen.
- Made fixes and improvements to Training Mode
- Optimized moving targets. Basic function is same as before but the appearance is slightly changed.
- Limited the maximum spawns of water vehicles (boat, aqua rail) to 2
- This is a temporary solution due to a performance issue, we will implement additional improvements in the future.
- Improved performance by mitigating an issue causing thin objects to flicker.
- Optimized particles in rainy weather.
- Added a new game mode, War Mode: Conquest
- This game mode sets two Platoons (up to 50 vs. 50) against each other to capture and hold objectives within an area. Your Platoon earns points as you hold these objectives and the team with the highest score wins.
- Multiple options, including capture area circle size can be adjusted in the match options.
- Added a few War Mode: Conquest related presets.
- A detailed guide for recommended custom match settings for this mode will be announced in a separate article at a later date.
- Replays are not yet available for War Mode: Conquest matches. This functionality will be added in a future update.
- Added the option to invite friends to a custom game
- Added an option to adjust damage ratios (from 0 to 500%) in custom game settings.
- You can adjust the head, upper body, lower body, arm, or leg damage ratio from bullets and melee attacks.
- You can also adjust the damage ratio from throwables.
- Corrected issue with default configuration settings for killer spectating and red zone in Esports Mode.
- Added “Camp Jackal” (Training Mode Map) as an available map for War Mode matches.