Quake Live is Out of Beta and Getting Premium Subscription Plans
Today id Software announced that their upcoming web-based free-to-play FPS Quake Live has exited beta testing. Wow, that was a mouthful! This FPS is rather unique, since it is played entirely in a browser. While the basic game is going to forever remain free-to-play, along with the announcement that the beta has ended they let loose on some info about special subscription services, dubbed both “Premium” and “Pro”, and fixed at $1.99 and $3.99 per month, respectively.
If you’re interested in getting in some FPS goodness from the comfort of your web browser, you m might want to check out the game’s official site. There you can learn more about the title and sign up to play if you like what you see. Below the break you’ll find the extra features you’ll get if you decide to subscribe to one of the premium services.
The Premium Subscription, which can be purchased for $1.99 per month, billed annually, includes:
- Access to 20 QUAKE LIVE Premium only maps at launch with more to come. Premium maps are a combination of brand new maps and frequently requested community favorites from previous QUAKE games such as Aerowalk, Theater of Pain, Japanese Castles, and Realm of Steel Rats.
- An all new ‘Freeze Tag’ game mode.
- Exclusive premium level awards.
- Create your own clan and join up to five separate clans.
- Custom QUAKE LIVE profile wallpaper.
- Match statistics stored for six months.
The Pro Subscription, which can be purchased for $3.99 per month, billed annually, includes all of the premium subscription features as well as:
- The ability to start your own game server, specify a server location, determine the game mode and invite who you want to join you.
- With the Pro Subscription, you can invite three friends with Standard level memberships to play with you in any Premium level map.
- Exclusive pro awards.
- Create your own clan and join up to ten separate clans.
- Match statistics stored for 12 months.