Quantic Dream’s Detroit: Become Human Gets More Info on Gameplay and Player Decisions
Today, during the YouTube Live broadcast hosted by Geoff Keighley, Detroit: Become Human Creative Director David Cage shared more information on the game.
Below you can read a recap of what he shared during the stream:
- The gameplay is “very usual” in a way, but the player interacts with the environment and can make choices. The story is told through his decisions and his gameplay.
- The ambition of the development team is to make Detroit: Become Human the most “bending” game they ever made, influences by the decisions of the player.
- The player is gonna play different characters and see the story from different points of view. It’s not just about having different endings, but also different journeys that will generate different endings and different outcomes.
- The stories of the various characters start in parallel and create a bigger scenario.
- The playable scene introduced at E3, which is the first scene of the game, has six different endings, and has consequences through the rest of the game.
- You influence the outcomes in several ways, simply by playing or by talking to people and taking decisions.
- The game is a “neo noir thriller.” It’s set in the near future where androids replace humans in many jobs. There are million across the country. Some androids start to find themselves overwhelmed by feelings, even if they’re not supposed to feel any. The new character introduced today, Connor, is a “deviant hunter,” that hunts those androids that have been deviating from their protocols.