Railway Empire Heads to Canada in Its Next DLC Expansion
Kalypso Media has announced the next update for its strategy game takes players north into the wilds of Canada in Railway Empire: The Great Lakes
“I hear the train a comin’, It’s rollin’ ’round the bend”…and this time its set for the beautiful landscapes of Canada in Railway Empire‘s spanking new DLC appropriately named, The Great Lakes.
With the latest DLC landing players in Mexico, Kalypso Media Group, who recently acquired the rights to the game franchises created by former developer Pyro Studios and known for titles that include Tropico 6, have upped sticks and expanded their journey into the wilds of Canada circa 1860, a country overshadowed by vast woods and where only a few moderately populated settlements have managed to develop into larger townships.
Players will find a newly enhanced weather system on the horizon as they travel the great northern region, bringing with it challenges but also positives. As the cold weather sets in, folk will desire more winter attire, so tradeable goods such as fur will need to be transported to the 19 new cities on the Great Lakes map extension as you take stock of two new engines, Achilles (0-4-0) and Canadian (2-8-0)
Some of the features you can expect to find in Railway Empire: The Great Lakes are:
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies
Railway Empire: The Great Lakes is available now on PC and Xbox One and PS4 in North America. The European PS4 version will be released on August 20th.
You can check out some of the screenshots of Railway Empire: The Great Lakes DLC below