Rain World’s First Patch Released; Includes Many Gameplay Improvements
Back on March 28th, Rain World from publisher Adult Swim Games and developer VIDEOCULT launched onto PS4 and PC with a decent amount of anticipation. Like it’s level of anticipation, Rain World released to a fairly decent reception, however, many gamers and critics alike pointed out how extremely difficult the game is, and how it’s devastatingly even unfair at times.
Yesterday, developer VIDEOCULT released the game’s first patch/update (1.01), that should remedy a few of the concerns raised. For example, slugcat will now have a subtle glow when swimming through murky water, which means you’ll be able to see yourself. You also will now have a larger lung capacity. Additionally, more food has been added to certain regions, while other gated areas unlock easier. According to VIDEOCULT, this update is a “quick patch,” and a more substantial update will arrive in the near future.
Below, you can check out the full patch notes, which have been released for the PC version. There is no word when the update will hit PS4.
* “stuck in holes” fix – disconnected exits will no longer snag you
* subtle backlit slugcat in low visibility swimming situations
* quicker turning around in tunnels
* larger lung capacity while swimming
* nerfed the more intense waterfalls in Shoreline to prevent repeated drownings
* more pearls near Scav tolls in Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Shaded Citadel
* more karma flowers in world
* karma gate requirements on the Shaded Citadel, Drainage System and Underhang side were lowered to prevent players becoming stuck in challenging regions
* food / karma flowers regeneration now ticks forward on deaths (helps eliminate stuck / starvation situations at low karma)
* players will now keep map progress between deaths (Id say 99.5% of people asked for this)
* map now features gate karma symbols and shelter icons when locations are discovered
* karma depletion on game exit removed if done within 30 seconds of sleep cycle
* full karma drop on exit bug fixed (that was a brutal one, sheesh!)
* intro cinematic is now skippable by holding start / esc
* for players having issues with Grey Screen of Death and starting the game from save files, you can now entirely skip loading the intro by holding “s” when pressing “New Game.” hopefully this helps until we have a real fix!
* many many minor room fixes
* map loading bug fixed (was causing the corrupted savs, ugh)
* gate crashing bug fixed
* assorted stability improvements