Rainbow Six: Siege Introduces Anti-Cheating Improvements, Exploit and Level Design Fixes in Update 1.3
Rainbow Six: Siege may not have lit the world on fire, but Ubisoft is keeping the community engaged with a round of updates. The latest, Update 1.3, was detailed yesterday on Ubisoft’s official forums and is bringing some much requested — specifically hit registration, anti-cheating improvements, and getting rid of a major new exploit where a Defender is able to go outside their zone during preparation phase (check the video below courtesy of AcsGaming Hon):
So what exactly can you expect and when can you expect it? If you are on PC, you will already be able to download it. Meanwhile, console players can expect it a week from today — January 20th — except the server tick rate improvement, anti-cheating and banning policy, and out-of-zone instakill which is available immediately. Here is the full list of tweaks and improvements:
HIT REGISTRATION IMPROVEMENTS
- Updated the server tick rate for console users
- With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). After testing, we are satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all consoles as well.
- Cheating countermeasures have been improved further.
- Banning policy update: all cheaters detected by the system will be banned permanently. No more three day ban for first offense.
EXPLOIT FIX: DEFENDERS EXITING THE PREPARATION PHASE
- Added a configuration that allows us to turn ON an insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase (this behavior should not be possible, but if exploits are found, the guilty shall be punished by a swift death!)
- We will be able to activate this functionality at any time. We will first be testing it on XB1 during the afternoon of January 13th(Montreal time). If it proves effective, we will be deploying this on all platforms later that day.
TOP COMMUNITY-RAISED BUG FIXES
(Live for PC on Jan. 13th, live for consoles on Jan. 20th)
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.
LEVEL DESIGN FIXES
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall). When transitioning from proning to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls. We believe this exploit is now solved. Please share your experience in this forum thread if you still encounter it after the patch (information we are looking for listed in opening post).
- Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for more information.
- Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the Dev one.
- Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
- Ranked match reconnection fixes for PC:
- If game was closed by pressing [x] or ALT+F4, the players will not be leaving all sessions anymore.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by pressing F10 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by quitting with ALT+F4 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.