Rainbow Six: Siege Update 1.2 Hits on PC, Coming Soon to Consoles; Fixes Bugs and More
Released in the beginning of December, Rainbow Six: Siege has offered players plenty of tactical, strategic multiplayer action, with the development team at Ubisoft offering new updates on the game’s latest patch.
Ubisoft detailed on the official Siege forums the latest notes for Update 1.2, which is available now for the PC version of the title and will be arriving next week for the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.
Specifically, the new patch offers a big mix of general fixes, such as bugs and technical glitches, while also offering other improvements such as tweaks to the game’s matchmaking system for better player balance and more.
Ubisoft explained that while Update 1.2 “will not fix all of our current top issues and that we are actively working on fixing them as soon as possible,” with more updates seemingly to come in the next few months ahead.
Rainbow Six: Siege is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC – you can check out the full patch notes for the game’s Update 1.2 below:
General Tweaks and Improvements
Hit Registration Improvements
Updated the server tick rate for all PC users, coming soon to consoles
With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). This change however has been done in an intermittent fashion and in certain regions only, as we were testing various configurations. We are now satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all PC users. As soon as this feature has been validated with this more massive test on PC, we will be deploying this update on consoles as soon as possible.
Data center selection is now possible (PC users only, for now)
PC users can change their default data centers in the Rainbow Six game settings file (gamesettings.ini), which is usually located in the ‘My Documents\My Games\your Uplay ID’ folder. Change the DataCenterHint value from ‘default’ to the region’s short name that you wish to have as your default data center. The available region short names can be found just above the DataCenterHint line.
Note that we are planning to eventually expose this in the in-game UI for all platforms and this PC-exclusive feature is only a first step.
- Refining the quality of PVP matches with more evenly matched opponents
- Added a criteria that increases the odds of pre-made parties being matched against a squad with an equal number of pre-made parties within them.
- Skill criterion originating from the player’s region is now more precise.
Improved connectivity to PVP and PVE matches
- Increased match quality by ensuring players using the same data center get matched together, leading to better ping.
- Improved accuracy of the estimated waiting time while in lobby.
Top Community-Raised Bug Fixes
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.
- Ranked matches HUD synch with Casual update has been applied (read: playlist changes from this post).
- Did some fixes on an issue in which players would get stuck when walking, running or at the end of a rappel. The player could do other actions and rotate but couldn’t move.
- Some situations still cause this bug. It is a work in progress.
Level Design Fixes
- Kanal: fixed a bug in which the red blocker wall was not present on a window in the holding room for Defenders and allowed them to exit their zone during the preparation phase.
- Some lighting issues on maps have been fixed.
- Some minor collision issues have been fixed on House, Clubhouse, Kanal and Russian Café.
Online Flow Fixes
- Fixed Error [3-0x0001000B].
- Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to Top Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Partial fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to Top Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Player skill rank display has been re-activated.
- Authentication pop-up title had inconsistent spacing.
- XB1: Fixed a bug in which if a player constrained the game, snapped an app, then unconstrained the game, he or she would lose the voice chat.
- XB1: Fixed a bug in which the game did not exhibit any audio whilst the player had any app snapped.
- The Season Passes temporary activation for everyone for issue identification purposes has now ended, see this post for more details.
- Fixed a bug in which the Tier 5 faded skin for the FBI’s 5.7 USG pistol didn’t unlock even after purchasing it.