Rainbow Six Siege Update Y6S2.2 Patch Notes July 27, Maintenance Time
Buffs for Alibi and Tachanka.
Rainbow Six Siege Y6S2.2 update will be out soon, and it brings the Favela map to Ranked and Unranked playlists after its big rework.
Rainbow Six Siege has been changed a lot when you compare it to its original version in 2015. The game is evolving and changing in different ways, and while you might not like all the changes, that’s probably the key to its persistency in the FPS market.
- CHECK THIS OUT: How to Pre-order The Panic Playdate Console – Date, Time, Price and Quantities
Today, Ubisoft is about to deploy the Rainbow Six Siege Y6S2.2 update which brings some interesting changes to the game. First of all, it will add the Favela map to Ranked and Unranked matches.
After its rework, Favela has turned into a more balanced map, but it’s unlikely to receive high reception from fans in Ranked matches, especially at higher tier ranks such as Platinum or Diamond.
On the other hand, the developer adds a new report option to let you report those who leave a Ranked match in the midst of the game. This option seems to be a bit aggressive towards those who really lost their connection and leave unintentionally, but it could improve the Ranked quality overall.
When it comes to operators, Tachanka is going to receive an incredible buff. The update not only makes his DP-27 more destructible but also gives his Shumikha Launcher more grenades. Besides, the Russian lord gets a Deployable Shield instead of a Proximity Alarm.
This update also has some good news for Fuze-mains as it fixes the bug that forced loadout to reset before every single round.
Check out the full patch notes and maintenance details down below:
Rainbow Six Siege Y6S2.2 Maintenance Time and Update Size
Below, you can have a look at the size of the upcoming update based on your platform as well as the start time of the server maintenance, which will last for less than an hour.
Server Maintenance Schedule:
- PC/Luna/Stadia: 9 am ET/1 pm UTC
- Xbox Consoles: 10 am ET/2 pm UTC
- PlayStation Consoles: 11 am ET/3 pm UTC
- Steam: 850 MB
- Ubisoft Connect: 1.48 GB
- Xbox One: 1.28 GB
- Xbox Series X|S: 1.61 GB
- PS4: 1.77 GB
- PS5: 1.43 GB
Rainbow Six Siege Y6S2.2 Patch Notes
- Added 2.0x scope to ACS12 (removed 1.5x scope).
- Added 1.5x scope to MX4 Storm.
- Removed 1.5x scope from C1.
- Added Deployable Shield (removed Proximity Alarm).
- Increased Shumikha Launcher grenades to 14 (from 10).
- Improved DP-27 destruction:
- 0 to 4.99m: 0.3 radius hole per shot.
- 5 to 7.99m: 0.2 radius hole per shot.
- Beyond 8m: 0.2 radius hole after three shots.
- Modified M762 recoil so it’s harder to control:
- Increased vertical recoil.
- Horizontal spread is stronger to the the left.
- Long burst recoil starts on the 8th bullet (was 12th).
- Increased damage to 69 (from 59).
- Increased damage to 63 (from 57).
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
Included Favela map in Ranked and Unranked
- Added the reworked Favela map to Ranked and Unranked playlists so players have more opportunities to play and test it.
Added feature to report players who left the game
- In the Post-Action Report, Ranked and Unranked players can now block or report players who disconnected before the last EOR replay.
- FIXED – Players can vault through barricades after a single melee hit.
- FIXED – Operator Selection remains stuck on screen during gameplay.
- UPDATED – Players can destroy a barricade with certain weapons, causing it to desync and become exploitable. There is an ongoing investigation into this issue to ensure it works as expected for players.
- FIXED – Players can deploy a reinforcement or barricade while falling through a hatch.
- FIXED – Players can select the same Operator as another player during a match.
- UPDATED – Sometimes the Windows cursor remains stuck on screen, blocking camera movement. There is an ongoing investigation into this issue to ensure it works as expected for players.
- FIXED – Some players above 4400 MMR are unable to Squad queue with other players, despite being within the accepted MMR range.
- FIXED – Players lose camera control if they play a match while under an Abandon Penalty.
- FIXED – Operators can fall out of bounds or clip through the wall to get inside the building after exiting rappel in the gap between vents at EXT Forklift Alley on Kanal map.
- FIXED – Attackers have unfair LOS into 1F Main Hallway and 2F Landing after vaulting over a bush on Villa map.
- FIXED – The destructible floor doesn’t fully break when Sledge uses the Breaching Hammer on the metal support beams on Favela map.
- FIXED – Two soft walls cannot be reinforced while Defenders are standing on a reinforced hatch in 1F Public Bathroom on Consulate map.
- FIXED – Gap on top of barricaded doorway allows LOS into EXT Pedestrian Customs on Border Map.
- FIXED – Several LOD issues on Villa map.
- FIXED – Defuser can be dropped behind indestructible plant pots at EXT Terrace on Villa Map.
- FIXED – Player movement dips while passing over the triangular gap between PC boxes in 2F Coin Farm on Favela Map.
- FIXED – Deployable devices float when placed on wooden beams on Kafe Dostoyevsky map.
- FIXED – Fuze starts a round with a default weapon loadout if the player doesn’t swap between weapons during Operator Selection.
- FIXED – Jackal stops rappelling for a moment if gadget is enabled or disabled.
- FIXED – Lights on Ace’s S.E.L.M.A. Aqua Breacher appear in an incorrect location.
- FIXED – When Kali cancels a reload by switching weapons, the player is unable to ADS.
- FIXED – When Buck cancels a Skeleton Key reload, the player is unable to ADS.
- FIXED – Jackal’s Eyenox Model III continues to ping Defenders after Jackal is eliminated.
- FIXED – IQ’s Electronics Detector automatically reequips after IQ places a Breach Charge.
- FIXED – Multiple localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Deployment SFX is silent when a player deploys a Frag Grenade or C4, then crouches or goes prone at the same time.
- FIXED – New HUD can be activated through a game console command.
- FIXED – Popup for redeeming the Sunstark bundle crashes the game.
- FIXED – Prompts may linger on screen over several rounds.
- FIXED – The iron sight attachment for the ITA12S and SMG-12 floats in multiple menus.
- FIXED – Players can create a hole in Castle’s Armor Panel if they melee a spot near the frame on both sides.
- FIXED – Rappel SFX is sometimes inaudible.
- FIXED – Keyboard players who browse the Charms category in the shop experience navigation issues.
- FIXED – UMP45 has the wrong weapon skin thumbnail for Six Major NA 2021.
- FIXED – Booster icon is missing from the Booster activation confirmation side-panel.
- FIXED – Battle Pass tab in Post-Action Report does not immediately update for players who complete the last tier of the Battle Pass.
- FIXED – Incorrect Traditional Chinese character present in Thunderbird’s Bio.
Rainbow Six Siege is now available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Stadia, Luna, and PC. The Xbox Game Pass subscribers can play it for free.