Raw Fury Announces Kingdom and GoNNER are Coming to the Switch
Today, publisher Raw Fury announced that Kingdom (from developers Licorice and Noio) and GoNNER (from developer Art in Heart) are coming to the Nintendo Switch. Additionally, the publisher teased more will come to the platform in the future. When any of the game’s will hit Switch, wasn’t divulged, but Raw Fury did say it will have more on its plans for the console at GDC in March.
First time hearing about Kingdom or GoNNER? No problem — here’s an overview of both:
In Kingdom, each coin spent can tip the balance between prosperity and decay. Attend to your domain, border to border, or venture into the wild to discover its wonders and its threats. Master the land, build your defenses, and when the darkness comes, stand with your people, crown on your head, until the very end.
Kingdom is a 2D sidescrolling strategy/resource management hybrid with a minimalist feel wrapped in a beautiful, modern pixel art aesthetic. Play the role of a king or queen atop their horse and enter a procedurally generated realm primed to sustain a kingdom, then toss gold to peasants and turn them into your loyal subjects in order to make your kingdom flourish. Protect your domain at night from the greedy creatures looking to steal your coins and crown, and explore the nearby, mysterious forests to discover curious and cryptic artifacts to aid your kingdom.
GoNNER is a tough as hell score-based procedurally-generated platformer with roguelike elements. GoNNER is also a story about friendship between Ikk, Death, and a space whale named Sally.
You will die. A lot. This is by design, but it’s not made to feel unfair. You’ll eventually get the hang of GoNNER, so don’t lose your head. But even if you do it’s okay cause we have a lot of replacement heads you can use.
– DAILY CHALLENGES! Only playable once a day. Levels are randomly generated but in this mode everybody plays the same world and use an identical loadout. Everything resets at midnight (Swedish time, UTC+1). Can you crush your leaderboard foes?
– PROCEDURALLY GENERATED! Every time you play the game the levels will be different and present unique challenges and opportunities.
– UNLOCKS! You’ll be able to choose from a variety of passive and active abilities at the beginning of each run so be sure to experiment with all of them and find the play style that best suits you.
– SECRETS! Secret areas exist in the world of GoNNER, and these areas will get you different items that you can then always use from the beginning of each run. We’re not going to tell you how you get to these areas or what the criteria is for even finding them because secrets, duh.
– LEADERBOARDS! Kill creatures, get combos, score points, and brag to your friends how much better you are than them.
– MUSIC! It’s really freaking good.
GoNNNER launched on PC October 12, 2016 at the price point of $9.99 USD. Kingdoms launched back on 2015, and came to Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux at the price point of $14.99 USD.