Culture

Raw Fury’s Community Project, Art of Fury, Ending With Charity Auction

By Faris Ruhi

September 22, 2021

Community-made art pieces from Raw Fury’s Art of Fury project are going to be auctioned off on September 24th for a good cause.

Earlier in 2021, Raw Fury set out on a mission to elevate a core belief of the company, that games are art. The Art of Fury project was a result of this mission. The project invited the community to create unique pieces of art based on games from its partnered developers.

Crisis Wing | Trailer

BridTV
5167
Crisis Wing | Trailer
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OzlZ-y9UQD8/hqdefault.jpg
868233
868233
center
26546

Out of the numerous submissions that were received, 38 pieces of art by 23 artists were selected to be a part of two curated Art of Fury Pop-Up Galleries. One was located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the other in Zagreb, Croatia.

This selection consists of works based on the games Bad North, Call of the Sea, Star Renegades, West of Dead, The Longest Road on Earth, and many more. Each artwork is also digitally preserved on Steam in a virtual gallery.

  • Work inspired by Dandara, created by João Pedro Pellegrino de Mello

Now, this project and the exhibitions are coming to a close, and in agreement with the artists, these art pieces will be sold off in a silent auction starting on September 24th. The majority of the proceeds from these auctions (70%) will be donated to charities while the other 30% will be going to the original artists.

Raw Fury will not be keeping any revenue from the sales, and the charity profits will be split evenly among the Go Give One, GiveDirectly, and SpecialEffect charitable organizations.

If you’d like to check it out for yourself and maybe even place a bid, The Art of Fury auction starts on September 24th at 10 am PT/1 pm ET.

Have something to tell us about this article?
Let us know

Gaming Trailers

Diablo® II: Resurrected™ | Act III Cinematic
Europa Universalis IV | Origins Announcement Trailer
Faris Ruhi
@somegamenews

Faris loves anything and everything video games. Playing, sharing, discussing, creating, you name it, he's into it all. When he's not focused on video games, he'll either be watching a TV show/anime or editing fun videos on his PC.

Read more of Faris's articles

Got a tip?

Let us know