Razer is unquestionably one of — if not the — premium names for gaming hardware, and nowhere is this truer than the niche gaming laptop space. And the American-based hardware company is looking to steal the spotlight once again, thanks to a re-launch of their Razer Blade gaming laptop line. Titled the Razer Blade 15 (playing off the increased 15″ display), the gaming laptop showcases uncomprimising power and near breathtaking bezel-less display.
Seen in the new trailer below, The Razer Blade 15 is hardly a re-named clone for the new year. In fact, it is hard to find something on the list that hasn’t been upgraded. Obviously, the device built from the ground-up to look sleek with a .66″ design and 1mm thick bezel. But simply looking past the optics of the hardware, you uncover a system boasting killer performance in such a small package.
The Razer Blade 15’s most premium model (priced at $2,399.99) is no technological slouch, offering a 144Hz refresh rate in 4K. The rig runs off an 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750G processor, with NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q powering the graphics. That’s not to mention that the model comes packed in with 16 GM Dual-Channel memory and a re-designed cooling system. And importantly to some, the laptop caps its weight around the 4.6 lb mark so it won’t be putting your legs to sleep anytime soon.
First revealed in 2013, the Razer Blade gaming laptop line grabbed headlines for being the mainstream company to do away with bulkiness as a standard for performance. Through the years, the hardware manufacturer has managed to slim down the original design, with their competition taking note of the trend.
Anyone interested in grabbing The Razer Blade 15 can get their order now via the hardware manufacturer’s dedicated store. Meanwhile, feel free to check out the trailer, image gallery, and full specs down below:
- 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor (6 Cores/12 Threads, 2.2 GHz/4.1 GHz)
- 15.6-inch IPS Full HD (1920 x 1080) matte up to 144Hz, individually color calibrated
- 15.6-inch IPS 4K (3840 x 2160) capacitive multi-touch, individually color calibrated
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 Max-Q Design
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 Max-Q Design
- 16GB Dual-Channel system memory (DDR4, 2667MHz), 32GB maximum support
- Up to 512GB PCIe SSD, 2TB maximum support
- Windows® 10 (64-bit)
- Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 5
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) x 1
- USB 3.1 port x 3 (SuperSpeed)
- Mini Display Port 1.4 x 1
- Anti-ghosting keyboard powered by Razer Chroma™
- Razer Synapse 3 compatible
- HDMI 2.0b audio and video output
- Built-in front firing stereo speakers
- 3.5mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in webcam (1MP/720P) with array microphone
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Compact 200W/230W power adapter
- Built-in 80 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery, NVIDIA® Optimus™ support
- [GeForce GTX 1060] 0.66 in. / 16.8 mm (Height) x 14 in. / 355 mm (Width) x 9.3 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- [GeForce GTX 1070] 0.68 in. / 17.3 mm (Height) x 14 in. / 355 mm (Width) x 9.3 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- [Full HD] approx. 4.56 lbs. / 2.07 kg
- [4K] approx. 4.73 lbs. / 2.15 kg