Report: Details on PS4 Slim and New DualShock 4 Emerge: Battery, New Option, Button Quality and More [UPDATED]
With the new PS4 slim out in the wild, new information is starting to trickle down thanks to Twitter user shortman82, who purchased one on Gumtree.
Below you can read a summary of what he shared, but do keep in mind that this all should be considered a rumor, as it represents the views of one early purchaser:
- No new features or resolution options could be found in the console, but the shortman82 doesn’t have the new 4.0 system software update yet.
- According to shortman82, the console runs “unbelievably” cool and quiet.
- Triggers and buttons on the new DualShock 4 feel “more solid,” with better materials.
- Buttons and sticks are exactly the same height as the original DualShock 4 controller.
- The additional light bar doesn’t actually have a light of its own. It’s just a see-through strip on the touch pad that lets the original light shine through.
- The battery is the same 1,000 mHa one used in the current DualShock 4. That said, shortman82 mentions that he has owned the console for 24 hours, and the controller is still on two bars.
- The controller comes with an option to select the communication method with the PS4, between USB and Bluetooth. This option seems to be available only to the new version of the controller, but it does appear on the original PS4 console as well.
We also get a new image showing the led light included in the new Power button of the console, and the option for the DualShock 4.