Capcom’s highly anticipated Resident Evil VII: Biohazard released today on PS4, Xbox One, PC and PSVR. Capcom plans to support Resident Evil VII through DLC, two of which now have release dates.
The first DLC pack, Banned Footage Vol. 1, will be available from the 31st of January on PS4 for $9.99 USD. Banned Footage Vol. 1 is covered by the season pass and will add two new tapes as well as a new mode:
- Bedroom: Figure out how to escape from a locked room — but don’t let Marguerite Baker know you’ve been out of bed.
- Nightmare: Fend off waves of enemies and survive until morning while crafting useful items and traps to stay alive.
- Extra Mode: Ethan Must Die: A tough-as-nails mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PS VR).
The second DLC pack, Banned Footage Vol. 2, will be available on the 14th of February, Valentines day, on PS4 for $14.99 USD. Banned Footage Vol.2 is covered by the season pass and will also include two tapes and a game mode:
- 21: Gamble life and limb in a deadly game run by Lucas Baker.
- Daughters: See what the Baker family was like before the tragic events of Resident Evil 7 biohazard.
- Extra Mode: Jack’s 55th Birthday: Race against the clock and feed Jack tons of food in this comical extra game mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game.(Does not support PS VR)
Both Banned Footage Volumes will come to PlayStation first before making their way to Xbox One and PC on the 21st of February.
The third DLC pack included in the season pass dubbed, Additional Story Episode, was not given a release date as yet. Capcom will also be releasing Not a Hero, a free DLC pack, which tells a new story for all platforms sometime this Spring.
Resident Evil VII: Biohazard is currently available on PS4, Xbox One, PC and PSVR at both retail and digital storefronts.