Rise of the Tomb Raider Receiving 4K Enhancements and More on Xbox One X
Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix are partnering with Nixxes Software to bring visual and technical enhancements to Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix announced that Lara Croft’s most recent adventure, Rise of the Tomb Raider, will receive new visual and technical enhancements on Xbox One X.
The enhancements — developed with the help of Nixxes Software — will allow you to personalize how you play the game. If you want the highest visual fidelity the game has to offer, you can set the visual mode to Native 4K. If you want the game to perform incredibly smooth, High Frame Rate mode will do just that.
These visuals modes in addition to other tech and visual improvements are included with the new update. Here is the full list of enhancements that will be available to Xbox One X players:
Xbox One X players can choose from one of three visual modes, including:
- Native 4K: (full 3840 by 2160) for highest fidelity resolution
- Enriched Visuals for stunning graphic upgrades
- High Frame Rate for the smoothest possible gameplay
New Xbox One X tech enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider include:
- HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation technology
- Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos®, for true 3D audio
- Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft®, NPCs, and environments, leveraging additional memory offered by the Xbox One X
- Improved anti-aliasing for immersive realistic details
Additional visual enhancements include:
- Improved volumetric lights
- Improved reflections
- Enhanced foliage
- Upgraded polygonal detail
- Amplified texture filtering
If you already own Rise of the Tomb Raider and plan to get Microsoft’s new iteration of the Xbox One, you are in luck. When the enhancements release on November 7th alongside the Xbox One X, you will be able to download the features for free. Check out the trailer below for a little taste of some Xbox One X enhanced gameplay.
Rise of the Tomb Raider is one of the best multi-platform games, receiving a 9.5 out of 10 from DualShockers when it originally released on Xbox One. The game got graphical upgrades for the PlayStation 4 Pro, but not nearly to the same degree as the features offered by the Xbox One X update.
The “Project Scorpio Edition” of the Xbox One X was announced at Microsoft’s pre-Gamescom livestream. More importantly, over 100 already-released games will be getting enhancement updates to make use of the console’s extra juice. If you’re interested in purchasing the limited edition console, check out our pre-order guide.