Risk of Rain 2 Survivors of the Void New Character, Items Explained
Risk of Rain 2 has received a massive update today, marking the debut of the game’s first expansion, Survivors of the Void.
- MORE: The Proud Family: Louder And Prouder Episode 3 Release Date And Time
The DLC has only made its way to PC for now, and it is expected that the console release will be following in the coming days. Here is what we know about the update so far.
What are the new survivors and items in Survivors of Void?
The developers have given a detailed insight into what’s coming in the new update. You can find the complete details below, along with the new characters and items.
- Two Survivors, the powerhouse sniper Railgunner and the corrupt combatant Void Fiend, join Risk of Rain 2, each with unique mechanics and playstyles.
- Five new stages give players more to explore and enjoy.
- The all-new Aphelian Sanctuary, Sulfur Pools, Siphoned Forest, a Void stage, and an endgame stage offer new terrain to traverse and secrets to discover.
- A wave-based horde mode, the Simulacrum is set within the Void simulation and only ends once players have been defeated. Team up in multiplayer and take on enemies of progressively increasing difficulty levels. As long as one person in the party survives by the end of the wave, the whole group revives to face the next challenge.
- 40 new items add more variety to Risk of Rain 2’s nearly limitless combinations. Eighteen items are “normal,” with fourteen of these items also having a corrupted Void version.
- A twist on existing items, Void Items corrupt all items in the same item class and change up their effects in the game. Typically, they become a more powerful version of the standard item, but make sure to read carefully as some of them have unique effects!
- Additionally, three new interactables create a dynamic experience by affecting the items you can use and encounter.
- With nine new monsters, two new bosses, and two new Elite types, Survivors of the Void presents many unfamiliar threats to players. Whether you’re facing the fearsome (but adorable) blob Gup or a mysterious, crustaceous foe, learn their behavior to find the best strategy to take them down.
- An alternative endgame boss that completes the Risk of Rain 2 experience by expanding on the story and lore.
- New music from Risk of Rain 2’s composer Chris Christodoulou brings the deadly-but-incredible world of Petrichor V to life (or death).