Harmonix just announced that Rock Band Rivals, the narrative driven expansion to the fourth game in the series, will be celebrating the title’s release with a ‘virtual launch party.’ The stream will last from 5pm to midnight on Oct 17 Eastern Time on Harmonix’s Twitch channel.
In conjunction with this, the official Rivals twitter will be counting down a fact about the expansion until Oct 18th. With 10 days until release, the fact of the day was the 10 bonus songs that you receive by preordering the game:
- Bring Me The Horizon –“Happy Song”
- Capital Cities –“Safe and Sound”
- Eagle-Eye Cherry –“Save Tonight”
- Pharrell Williams –“Happy“
- The Neighbourhood –“Sweater Weather”
- Of Monsters And Men –“Little Talks”
- Semisonic –“Closing Time”
- Sia –“Chandelier”
- Skillet –“Feel Invincible”
- Weezer –“King of the World”
Unfortunately European PS4 players will not be able to actual reserve the digital release of the game in advance due to the policies of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe; but Harmonix has stated that the these bonus songs will be added to any purchase of the expansion from the PlayStation store from October 18 to November 1.
Xbox One owners and PS4 owners in all regions will be able to preorder normally to receive the 10 tunes.
It’s unknown at the time what the virtual party will entail but hopefully we’ll get a few interesting tidbits before being able to challenge our Rivals.