The rocket-powered soccer game Rocket League has steadily built its player base after becoming one of the breakout hits of last year, with the game to add its latest (and possibly wackiest) mode yet next month.
During the finale of the Rocket League Championship in Hollywood, CA, developer Psyonix announced a new mode called Rocket League Rumble will arrive for the game in September.
Rumble Mode will be playable in online playlists (such as the previous Hoops and Mutator modes in the game), private, and exhibition matches, and the main hook will be the integration of 11 power-ups that will allow different abilities for players to kick other players’ cars, draw them closer to other cars, and more. The full list of power-ups can be found below:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Rocket League‘s Rumble Mode will arrive for all platforms in September, though no specific release date has been confirmed yet at this time.
Rocket League is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC – you can also check out a trailer and screenshots below for the game’s upcoming Rumble Mode: