Rocket League Update 2.06 Patch Notes For Today (October 12)
The latest Rocket League update has arrived, so click to find out what is new this time around!
Rocket League recently updated just last week and now yet another update is out for the game with 2.06, of which we now have the patch notes.
While the focus of the previous update was on the new Esports Shop and other fixes, this one is on something new that has been added to the game.
Rather than new content in the form of new vehicles or anything, this update is focused on the introduction of a new form of ball control that comes from an existing mod.
- MORE: Find out about the James Bond Aston Martin in Rocket League.
Rocket League Update 2.06 Patch Notes For October 12
The focus of update 2.06 for Rocket League is on the brand new Free Play Ball Control, which is coming to the game courtesy of a mod that was created by the community.
Free Play Ball Control lets you now take control of the ball in five different ways through the pressing of a specific button. This is certainly a different way to play, so it’ll be interesting to see how it works out in the game.
Changes and Updates
Free Play Ball Control
- New ball controls are now available in Free Play
- We want to thank everyone who contributes to BakkesMod and their hard work for inspiring this feature addition
- You can now control the ball in five different ways with the push of a button:
- Take Possession: Places the ball in front of your car
- Start Dribble: Places the ball on the hood of your car
- Pass Ball: Sends the ball towards your car
- Sometimes the pass will be just left or right of your car, depending on the angle and position, so heads up!
- Launch Ball: Behaves similarly to tip-off in Hoops
- Defend Shot: Shoots the ball towards the closest goal
- These new controls can be used together
- Example: You can use Launch Ball to send it high, then Defend Shot to mimic a shot from the ceiling or high up on the wall
- Ball Reset continues to work as before (return to the kickoff position)
- Defend Shot and Pass Ball don’t always work as intended in some arenas and modes, including:
- Double Goals (Rocket Labs)
- Utopia Retro (Rocket Labs)
- [Nintendo Switch] When using a single Joy-Con for controls, Free Play Ball Control is disabled
- Fixed the appearance of several Decals including Leviathan, Chameleon, and Trigon
- Fixed a bug causing Esports Shop Decals to cover trim on Painted Car Bodies
- Fixed a bug with the News Panel
- The ‘Goop XS’ and ‘Goop SE’ Decals appear as placeholder textures
- For a complete list of Known Issues in Rocket League, please visit our Known Issues blog
That is all for the latest update 2.06 for Rocket League. This should be available for all platforms at the time of this posting, so make sure to have it downloaded before the next time you try to play.