Rogue Legacy Now Available for Mac and Linux, Patch v1.1.0 Brings a Host of Fixes and Updates
Rogue Legacy‘s charming action and challenge made it one of the sleeper hits of the summer when it released back in June for PC, but now Mac and Linux gamers looking for a chance to get their hands on the game have the opportunity, with the game’s developer, Cellar Door Games, announcing that the game is now available to download on those platforms.
In addition with the release of the Mac and Linux versions of the roguelike, Cellar Door has also released a new patch that brings plenty of updates and fixes to the PC version of the game, including:
- Mac and Linux versions have been added
- Added profile select functionality. You can now choose between three save game profiles.
- Added Mac/Linux team to credits.
- Jukebox is now persistent until you switch areas (or enter a boss room).
- Fixed bug where disabling fire shield displayed a mana cost.
- Game now properly handles special character crashes in the hero/heroine name lists.
- Fixed room that had empty block where a chest should be.
- Alexander no longer moves in places where if you kill him, the money is lost.
- Casting Mega Damage Shield now drains your mana faster than when casting the regular spell.
- Fixed bug where player would no longer catch his own chakram or conflux projectiles.
- Fixed bug where you could get the dragon fire spell for a class other than the dragon by locking the castle.
- Fixed a few spelling mistakes in the game.
- Fixed bug where game would function oddly when the system broke standard vsync and ran faster than 60.
- Fixed bug where dungeon shader was being applied to all areas, affecting performance.
- Tweaked the glowing fairies in the Garden to reduce confusion that players could interact with them.
- Fixed bug where the backup save system wasn’t kicking in properly if the map or map data got corrupted.
- Fixed bug where one of the last boss’s attacks had an incorrect hitbox.
- Fixed bug where you could take damage immediately after exiting a compass room.
- Removed the delete button from the options menu and put it into the profile selector.
- Fixed bug where the Randomize Children skill in the manor had incorrect text.
- Changed E.D.S to Flexible.
- Added a more comprehensive fix for player/boss dying at the same time.
- Player now makes a sound when landing after getting hit.
- Fixed bug where you could see a bit of background during a death defy.
- Fixed bug where quitting from heir selection with a character that has vertigo would result in him/her not having it on second load.
- Fixed bug where credits were running extremely slow.
- Fixed bug where lineage screen was running extremely slow.
Take a look at the featured changes and updates if you’re a veteran Rogue Legacy player, or if you’re looking to jump in for the first time (especially now if you’re a Mac or Linux player).