Roguelike ‘MidBoss’ Launching On PC May 23, Gets New Trailer
The roguelike with possession mechanics finally has a release date. MidBoss will be released across PC, MAC and Linux on May 23, 2017. We also get a new trailer for the game alongside the release date announcement.
Kitsune Games announced today the official release date for their upcoming roguelike, MidBoss. The game is scheduled to release on PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam on May 23, 2017. Alongside the release date announcement we also received a new trailer for the game which can be seen below.
MidBoss is taking a slightly different approach to the traditional roguelikes we are used to playing. In the game, players will play as an imp and will have the ability to possess other creatures in an attempt to absorb their abilities with hopes of becoming the game’s final dungeon boss. When players die, they are given a “death card” that breaks down the details of their death which they can then share on Twitter.
Here is a breakdown on the game’s features and premise, courtesy of Kitsune Games:
Kill your enemies, possess their bodies, and take their abilities as your own in this turn-based procedurally generated death labyrinth. You play as the imp, the weakest monster in the dungeon. Tired of being bullied by the other monsters, you set off with your sidekick Mid to descend to the deepest levels of the dungeon, defeat the final boss, and take his place.
MidBoss is easy to pick up and play if you’re new to the genre of traditional roguelikes (turn-based strategic RPGs with permadeath), but still has the depth and complexity that veterans expect and enjoy.
- Possess your enemy and gain their strengths and skills with over 60 unique abilities to discover and learn.
- Permanent death, if you die your save is gone!
- Randomized potions every game. Who knows what’s in these mystery bottles! (optional)
- Traps as well as unidentified and cursed items.
- Dynamic music system that ups the musical excitement when enemies are about.
- Quick Play mode for shorter, more condensed play sessions.
- Custom Games so you can play the game exactly the way you want to.
- Shareable death cards document your run and how it ended. Load these in the game for stats or to play using the same seed and settings.
- Lots of crates, chests, and other containers to pillage. Find the royal chest that spawns on every floor for extra sweet loot!
- Playable with mouse and/or keyboard. Pick whatever control scheme you like!
- Color-blind modes, optional high contrast font, and adjustable brightness.
- Multiple monitor support and borderless windowed fullscreen.
- 12 retro mode filters to find and unlock.
MidBoss is scheduled to release on May 23, 2017 across PC, MAC and Linux with a price of $14.99 on Steam.