In a trailer unveiled today it was revealed that √Letter (Root Letter) would be released on October 28th in Europe and November 1st in North America. The visual novel/adventure game will be available for both the PS Vita and the PS4 and both will receive a physical copy.
The trailer tells the story of a letter that arrives 15 years too late that leads to a missing girl and the hidden secrets of ‘Japan’s most beautiful prefecture.’ Unfortunately the spoken parts of the video have not been translated into English but the gorgeous visuals more than make up for that.
Along with the trailer was a press release that highlighted some of the features of the game:
- An intense murder mystery set in a gorgeous, real-word, rural Japanese setting
- Stunning Visual Novel artwork from the renowned artist Minoboshi Taro.
- Increased gameplay elements – search for clues, present evidence and explore environments.
- Travel freely around Shimane, visiting real world locations and interviewing suspects.
- Interrogation mode allows you to present evidence to characters and catch them out in lies.
- Unravel the truth from your pen friend’s letters – was she telling the truth, was she even real?
- Make difficult choices as you straddle an investigation spanning 15 years.
- Five different endings with wildly different routes, for a huge level of replayability.
- Incredible Soundtrack from composer Takashi Nitta and lead voice actor role for Noriko Hidaka (Ranma)
Will you pick up the pen to trace back what happened a decade and a half ago and solve the Root Letter?