A recent rumor has suggested that Capcom is working on and will soon release a new version of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, titled, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Uncanny Edition. The announcement of the title is expected to come at this Friday during EVO 2012 (A massive, competitive fighting game challenge to be held in Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada from July 6th to 8th, 2012).
The following features/adjustments are rumored to be included in the new edition of the game:
- Four characters: Mega Man, Cyclops, Servbot, and Ant-Man.
- Two Modes: Survival and Time Attack.
- No changes to the Heads-Up Display (HUD)
- Unique features of the PS Vita version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be added to the Uncanny Edition.
- New moves and outfits for unspecified characters.
Additionally, the Uncanny Edition will allegedly be available next month digitally only for a price somewhere around 15 dollars, with a physical edition to follow in September for around 40 dollars.
Capcom has demonstrated a severe proclivity to re-releasing the same game numerous times, so a new edition of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is not such a far-fetched idea.