The good folks over at PlayStation Systemlink reportedly have a reliable source within Sony Computer Entertainment. This source, who wished to remain anonymous, confirmed that a sequel to the PS3 exclusive, Warkhawk, is in development and has been for a number of years like all those rumors back in 2010 stated. The official title to the sequel is reported to be Starhawk…cliché and all. However, the source doesn’t stop there and apparently reveals a handful of details on the title such as its official announcement before E3 2011. Although we, DualShockers, cannot confirm the credibility and validity of this source, PlayStation Systemlink has put their reputation on the line by stating that this info is 100% real and legitimate. Check the “legitimate” info below.
- Starhawk will be revealed in mid May for the public’s adoring attention.
- The sequel will remain a PS3 exclusive and will ship only as a Blu-ray disc.
- The gameplay hasn’t been changed much; you’ll see jeeps, APCs, tanks, and spaceships from a third-person perspective.
- Some levels take place in space and the plot is still set in another universe.
- The graphics will have the same cartoony visuals.
- Starhawk was made on a new engine for superior graphics.
- The multiplayer will be the focus but there is a singleplayer component.