Rust: Console Edition Update 1.04 Today (August 3) - Patch Notes & Server Downtime
Patch 1.04 is available now on consoles!
A brand new Rust: Console Edition update was deployed today (August 3) at 11AM BST. This patch brings the game to version 1.04 and includes plenty of bug fixes plus some general quality of life improvements.
Today’s new Rust: Console Edition update comes fresh off the back of a recent monthly server wipe. If you recently logged back into Rust on your PlayStation or Xbox to find that all of your progress had disappeared, there is a reason. Check out the link below for more details on the monthly wipe, or keep reading for the latest patch notes.
- MORE: When Is The Rust Console Server Wipe? (July 2021) – Date, Time and Downtime
Rust: Console Edition – Update 1.04 (August 3)
The latest update for Rust: Console Edition was released on August 3 for Xbox and PlayStation consoles. It has been an update that many fans have wanted for some time after the console edition of the popular survival game experienced a whole bunch of bugs.
But it looks like patch 1.04 fixes a large number of crashes and bugs as requested, check out the patch notes to read about each individual bug that was fixed in the latest update.
The developers of Rust: Console Edition did note that there would be some downtime for the new update, but didn’t specify how long servers would be offline. We will update this article with more information once it is released.
UPDATE: The developers have informed players via their social media accounts that all Rust: Console Edition servers are now back online. Players will need to update their game to version 1.04 in order to see any servers.
Rust: Console Edition – 1.04 Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the Rust: Console Edition update released on August 3. This update brings the game to version 1.04 and will have some short server downtime before players can jump back in.
- Plugging/unplugging headset and microphone will no longer cause Xbox players to crash.
- Fixed multiple UI crashes.
- Fixed multiple crashes that happen when loading the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur with a flame thrower
- Fixed the Launch Site window exploit. Players will no longer be able to use it in order to access the Launch Site monument.
- Fixed the bug allowing players to build too close to safe zones.
- Fixed the profanity filter from being overly sensitive in blocking a player’s reason for reporting another player.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from planting pumpkins and corn in the planter.
- Fixed the chairs causing some of the players to rubber band.
- Fixed the glitch causing players to go invisible when sitting in the chairs in the Bandit Camp.
- Fixed the “Internet connection not detected, please reconnect to a stable network and try again.” error message.
Quality of life and performance improvements:
- Players can now pick up the work bench when equipped with a hammer.
- Increased planting distance between plants (pumpkins/corn) to be more inline with the PC distances. This will reduce server lag and should improve performance.
- Disable planting near monuments.
- Reduced number of seeds from pumpkins and corn.
- Fix Xbox controllers not being reacquired again after disconnecting.
- Fixed an issue causing the player list to be invisible.
- Sleeping players will now be killed inside safe zones, or directly outside of the compound.
- Fixed the Xbox percentages for achievements.
- Updated Xbox invite system to work properly.
Graphics and UI:
- Fixed the issue causing players to not see the player model once they open the inventory.
- Updated Icons for Bandages, Large Medkit and Medical Syringe. Also updated the material for Bandages to match.