Rust Console Update 1.20 Patch Notes Today (November 25)
Devastation Unleashed is available now for Xbox and PlayStation!
A brand new update for Rust: Console Edition was deployed earlier today (November 25) for both Xbox and PlayStation consoles. Today’s update is for ‘Devastation Unleashed’, the first free major content update for Rust: Console Edition.
There’s plenty of new features, mechanics, bug fixes, and more in today’s update. To catch you up to speed, here’s everything you need to know about Devastation Unleashed and the full patch notes.
- READ MORE: Fortnite Countdown Clock Appears In-Game, What Is It For?
Rust: Console Edition ‘Devastation Unleashed’
As mentioned previously, Devastation Unleashed is the first free content update for Rust: Console Edition and is now live with the November 25 patch.
In today’s update, players will find a brand new Tech Tree, which aims to completely change the way you play Rust. Players will no longer be required to rely on spending scrap on blueprints, the new Tech Tree allows you to unlock the items that you need the most.
Plus, players can now use gestures to interact with their friends, just one of the many features in Devastation Unleashed. New ways to build, larger map seeds, improved gun handling, bug fixes, and more are available now in the latest Rust: Console Edition update.
- READ MORE: PlayStation Plus Games For December Have Been Leaked
Rust: Console Edition Update 1.20 Patch Notes
New additions to the game:
- Tech tree.
- 3KM maps.
- Building Blocks.
- Map visual changes.
- New Item: Combat Knife.
- Power substations no longer irradiate players.
- Reduced chainsaws fuel consumption to be in line with the Steam version.
- Added option to disable blood.
- Addressed a crash that could happen when on standby/sleep resume.
- Addressed a server side recursive call which could cause a server to crash.
- Addressed a hang in the crafting menu.
- Addressed profile switches causing a hang on Xbox.
- Addressed players not being able to attach a flashlight to the thompson.
- Addressed more splitting issues.
- Addressed the inaccurate upkeep timer.
- Addressed a bug causing players to be able to clip through specific objects.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the sky to flicker.
- Addressed a bug which would cause projectiles (Such as hatchets, rocks etc) to get deleted when being dropped onto an existing item.
- Fix animals / helicopters being able to target players when in safe zones.
- Addressed camera movement to feel more natural at different frame rates.
- Addressed instances of objects popping into view caused by recent FOV Changes.
- Addressed a bug with the shadows on the lamps.
- Addressed the scale of the trees.
- Fixed an issue causing players to die right after they respawn, if their previous body fell to the ground from a large height.
- Addressed a bug that could stop players from being able to use a rowboat.
- Potential fix for invisible trees.
- Potential fix for the puzzle related items (Such as fuse boxes) going missing for clients.
- Addressed a bug which would sometimes cause the default crafting view to show up before loading in the current crafting view.
- Addressed missing collision on airfield hangar door.
- Addressed a bug which caused night time to be brighter than usual.
- Addressed a bug causing scientists to fire at each other.
- Addressed scientists from being able to shoot themselves when aiming upwards.
- Addressed the ocean colliders.
- Addressed shadows from clipping.
- Addressed a bug with tables causing clipping.
- Addressed the smoke colour.
- Adjusted the scale of the ‘wounded’ screen for PS4.
- Candles now turn off when underwater, like they should.
- Addressed the locked crate so that shooting the laptop delays the countdown.
- Picking up workbenches will now reduce their durability.
- Addressed a bug which could cause cliffs to spawn on top of some monuments.
- Rust version 1.20 addressed a bug causing shops/vendors’ UI to be navigatable with the right stick.
- Addressed a bug stopping the red X during tree harvesting from sometimes not moving and subsequently not functioning.
Added functionality for reducing the number of visual effects spawned on player models, to prevent frame drops when using scattershot weapons.
- Tuned blood visual effects to improve performance during firefights.
- Switch terrain shadows to be single sided instead of double sided to decrease GPU usage.
- Disable shadow casts under the sea, since they are not visible by players.
- Simplified lighting calculations for the terrain and ocean.
- Optimized distant ocean by not sampling the normal map to reduce draw time.
- Added culling volume to water in the outpost.
- Reduced the lamp particles.
- Remove unused ground colour from shaders, to slightly improve performance.
- Saved a bit of RAM by changing render texture cache settings.
Monument Visual Fixes:
- Addressed z-fighting (texture flickering) in airfield.
Skin store Related Changes:
- Fix for the skin store sometimes not loading in certain time zones / locations.
- Addressed low resolution icons in the skin store.
- Added LOD materials to the Doodle Eleven T-Shirt.
- Addressed t-shirts clipping through the trousers.
- Addressed some of the skin previews.
- Addressed skins not loading in at long distances.