Rust Console Update 1.21 Patch Notes Today (December 16)
Patch 1.21 is available now for Xbox and PlayStation!
A brand new update for Rust: Console Edition was deployed earlier today (December 16), bringing the game to version 1.21 with some important bug fixes, optimizations, and changes.
The update is available to download right now on Xbox and PlayStation consoles, you’ll need to make sure you’ve got the latest patch downloaded and installed if you want to play.
For the full details surrounding the December 16 Rust: Console Edition update, check out the official patch notes below.
- READ MORE: Destiny 2 Update 18.104.22.168 Patch Notes
What’s New In Today’s Update?
Today’s Rust: Console Edition update includes plenty of bug fixes and changes, but also comes with some short server downtime. From 5PM UTC until 6PM UTC, players will be unable to log into Rust: Console Edition whilst the weekly wipe takes place.
Following the weekly wipe, servers will be brought back online and players prompted to install the latest patch. Full details for the December 16 Rust: Console Edition update can be found in the patch notes further down this article.
- READ MORE: Farming Simulator 22 (FS22) Update 1.2 Patch Notes Today (December 16)
Rust: Console Edition Update 1.21 Patch Notes (December 16)
Below you will find the official patch notes for the latest Rust: Console Edition update, which was deployed on December 16, bringing the game to version 1.21.
- Optimized the performance and this should have a noticeable impact in the frame rate.
- Fixed missing build options (EG. Triangle ladder hatches).
- Set Thompson to allow 3 attachments instead of 2.
- Fixed flashlight being in the wrong position on players when equipped to the Thompson.
- Fixed roof twigs not having visual effects when destroyed.
- Fixed free look not functioning while using a Jackhammer or Chainsaw.
- Fixed the player’s being unable to split stacks in the inventory.
- Fixed an issue which could cause you to get stuck in the building menu.
- Fixed sleeping bags not being placeable on watch towers.
- Fixed walls not being placeable around triangle foundation blocks, when stairs were in the centre of the foundation.
- Fixed triangle roof wall creating incorrect wall shapes when a regular wall was placed adjacent to them.
- Fixed ramps so that they can be placed on top of each other, when separated by a floor triangle.
- Fixed walls not being placeable when being placed near existing ramps.
- Fixed sleeping bag placement highlight from being incorrect when trying to place a sleeping bag next to your existing bag.
- Fixed the collision on the Bridge under the rocket crane on the launch site monument.
- Fixed the player’s inventory opening after exiting the workbench tech tree.
- Fixed an issue stopping players from repairing a broken Workbench in the Repair Bench.
- The Simple Handmade Sight should now be in the default Crafting Menu.
- The HV rocket should only need a workbench level 2 to craft from now on.
- The Rocket Launcher and High External Stone Gate are now craftable with a tier 2 workbench.