Sandbox RPG Mount & Blade Warband Coming to PS4 and Xbox One This Spring
Console-only folks, you’re in for a treat. Today Koch Media and Taleworlds Entertainment announced that Mount & Blade: Warband will come to PS4 and Xbox One in Q2 2016, which means this spring.
The game, that is one of the most interesting sandbox RPGs available on PC, doesn’t exactly come with groundbreaking graphics, but offers one of the deepest fantasy experiences that I played in the past decade. It will be released in both physical and digital forms.
If you’re not familiar with Mount & Blade: Warband (shame on you), below you can find a list of bullet points, a few screenshots and the box art for both versions.
- Completely open sandbox-RPG set in a fictional medieval scenario, inspired by the middle age of our time and guided by a “trial and error” mentality
- Huge world map featuring various starting areas and different warring factions with numerous skills and traits
- Choose your career path and define your own goals on the way to success
- Challenging and complex, skill-based real-time fights
- Extensive character creation including skill defining multiple choice questions to define a personal background story
- Customizable appearance and selectable abilities for your character
- Improve your skills by using them in combat
- Total freedom thanks to the non-linear gameplay
- Besiege, conquer and take over strongholds
- Exchange your enemy prisoners for ransom money
- Fight alone or in the online multiplayer mode with up to 32 players
- Hire local volunteers and mercenaries, take prisoners or gain loyal companions through your deeds
- Fight on foot or atop of your steed (melee and ranged)
- Master the handling with Swords, Shields, lances, bows, crossbows and throwing weapons
- Small encounters or great battles: Experience the diverse fighting management with your troops
- Increase your reputation among the nobles and enhance your glory
- Act honourably or live with the consequences of your decisions
- Get married and secure your inheritance
Believe me, if you’re even remotely interested in sandbox RPGs, you don’t want to miss this one.