Sayonara Umihara Kawase Coming To PC via Steam This October
Due to the overwhelming success of the PS Vita Version of Sayonara Umihara Kawase, Agatsuma Entertainment has announced that they will be bringing platformer Sayonara Umihara Kawase to PC via Steam this October. The game will be available for for $14.99.
Alongside Sayonara Umihara Kawase, Agatsuma has announced that they also will be releasing classic titles UmiharaKawase and UmiharaKawase Shun to PC later this year. Check out the game’s outline below:
Completely optimized for PC, play as ‘Umihara Kawase’ – a 20 year old backpacking Japanese sushi chef armed with a fishing rod, a rubber fishing line and a fishing hook. Avoid fish-like enemies, conveyer belts, spikes, watery pits, time travel and more. The deeper in to this dream-like game players venture, the more challenging the solutions and the greater the time pressure becomes. Along the way, look out for shortcuts and secret exits and unlock bonus levels.
It is the elasticity of Umihara’s rubber fishing line that has always set this franchise apart from all other rope games, giving unprecedented levels of mobility and discovery. Tightening the line or giving lots of slack can be the difference between success and failure. The bungee like nature of the fishing line allows the player to stretch down to otherwise unreachable areas or be catapulted upwards.
- The latest version of this classic 20-year old franchise
- Created by programmer Kiyoshi Sakai (also programmer on The Mosquito) and character designer & illustrator, Toshinobu Kondo – creators of the original game.
- Unique 1970’s Japanese visual style
- All the 60 new and re-envisaged classic stages, plus the new enemy placements as used in the PS Vita game but upgraded for PC
- Additional bonus levels available once the game has been completed
- Global time ranking
- Unlock bonus features including some brilliant KAWAII style art and nostalgic audio with bonus sound track from the original game
- 4 playable characters, each with their own special abilities
New Steam features
- Completely optimized for PC
- Trading cards
- Steam controller support
- Steam Cloud