Sea of Thieves Update Today (July 7) - Servers Down & Patch Notes
Servers will be taken offline to deploy the latest patch!
Following some short server downtime, a new Sea of Thieves update will be deployed today (July 7). The latest patch is expected to bring plenty of bug fixes to fix some lingering issues in the game.
Sea of Thieves recently shot back into the spotlight after releasing a brand new Pirate’s of The Caribbean themed update for Season 3. The content update was free to all owners of Sea of Thieves and includes Captain Jack Sparrow himself.
- MORE: Sea of Thieves – How To Get The Silver Blade Key
Sea of Thieves July 7 Update – Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the Sea of Thieves update released on July 7. Taken from the Sea of Thieves website.
As a result of feedback from the community, this release predominantly targets a number of improvements across the new Tall Tales to improve the player experience.
- Equipping the Merchant Alliance Cannons will now attach the correct ship cannon appearance.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Players can no longer reach areas that allow them to get out of the world and into unintended areas of the map.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – When joining a crew in progress, the Wraith Statue at the start of the island experience will now guide players to the correct location.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – When a crewmate is holding the Cursed Captain, other members of the crew will now see the skull animate when talking.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Retrieving the Brig Key while holding an object should no longer cause the key to become lost.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – After retrieving the Brig Key, players should be able to walk freely around the brig.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Rejoining a game session at the Ferry of the Damned will now allow access to the lower deck.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – Pulleys located in the environments will now display a prompt when they are unable to be used.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – When an Ocean Crawler emerges from the ground, it will now display appropriate visual effects.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – Crews reaching the salvaging room should no longer find the correct statue sequence fails to raise the water level, leaving them unable to proceed.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – On entering the Trophy Room, interacting with the pulleys prior to defeating the Ocean Crawlers will no longer prevent players from escaping the room.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – When the Silver Blade battle resets after a failed attempt to complete it, restarting the encounter will now allow players to correctly board the ship.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – Crews can now successfully retrieve the Chest of Everlasting Sorrows if it’s discovered after the Silver Blade Battle.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – If the Chest of Everlasting Sorrows is discovered after the Silver Blade Battle, the side door should now open when the antechamber is reached.
- ‘Captains of the Damned’ – The hand-in location for the Villagers’ Valuables has been made clearer for players.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – Pulleys located in the environments will now display a prompt when they are unable to be used.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – Ghostly Resource Crates retrieved during the encounter can no longer be cashed in for gold, reputation or Seasonal Renown.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – Once the Black Pearl is able to be boarded, migrating to a new server will now bring the Black Pearl to the new location, enabling crews to complete the Tale.
- Sirens are now able to consistently attack with melee strikes when a player is moving backwards.
- Equipping the Eternal Freedom Cannons on the Brigantine will now allow players to fire themselves out at the correct angle on all ship cannons.
Performance and Stability
- Crews should no longer experience scenarios where they are unable to board their ship and fall through into the sea instead.
- Improved client stability when travelling through the Tunnels of the Damned.
- Improved server stability, reducing scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
July 7 Server Downtime
The official Sea of Thieves Twitter account has detailed information regarding server downtime.
Players will not be able to set sail in Sea of Thieves from 10AM BST / 2AM PT / 5AM ET as servers will be taken offline to deploy the latest patch. The length of the downtime was not detailed, but it usually lasts anywhere between 1 and 2 hours.
Sea of Thieves – Season 3
Season 3 of Sea of Thieves kicked off on June 22nd with the title’s biggest update yet. ‘A Pirate’s Life’ was the biggest attraction of the new season, as it featured Pirates of The Caribbean stars, Captain Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones.
The update includes an original Pirates of The Caribbean story for players to partake in, which is separated into five brand new cinematic Tall Tales. Explore new locations alongside Jack Sparrow himself in Season 3, A Pirate’s Life.
To find out more, head to the official Sea of Thieves website.