Sea of Thieves Update Today (May 13) - Server Maintenance, Patch Notes
A patch will be required for download before ye' can set sail again!
Players will have to dock their ships as the Sea of Thieves servers have been taken offline for maintenance, a new update will be required for download today (May 13) once the servers are brought back online.
Luckily for all you eager pirates, DualShockers have got all the info on what’s new in today’s Sea of Thieves update.
- MORE: Sea of Thieves Fort of Fortune
Unfortunately, today’s Sea of Thieves update likely won’t be bringing as much content as the Season 2 update. We’re now almost 1 month into Sea of Thieves Season 2, which added a plethora of new content.
Not only was a new Plunder Pass introduced for players to earn 100 different rewards, there were new World Events, and plenty of improvements. Check out the full patch notes below to see all the details for Season 2.
- MORE: Sea of Thieves Season 2 Patch Notes
Sea of Thieves Server Maintenance (May 13)
UPDATE: The Sea of Thieves servers are now back online!
The Sea of Thieves servers were taken offline on May 13 at the following times.
10AM BST | 2AM PT | 5AM ET
Rare are yet to state how long the servers will be offline, but it is only for essential maintenance according to their Twitter account. As soon as the Sea of Thieves servers are brought back online, we will update this article.
Sea of Thieves Update Patch Notes (May 13)
Below you will find the official patch notes for the Sea of Thieves update on May 13, taken from the official Sea of Thieves website.
Emissary Trade Route Balancing
- Each Outpost will once again offer a greater number of surplus Commodity Crates for purchase.
- Other crews visible on the ship’s map will now display the correct Emissary status and position in real time while moving.
- Items that are displayed on the ship’s map such as Reaper’s Chests and Skeleton Fort Keys should now display their correct position in real time.
Performance and Stability
- Approaching other ships carrying a large amount of Merchant Alliance cargo should no longer cause players to receive a Hazelnutbeard error.
- The frequency of players becoming stuck on the ‘Enlisting Pirate’ message when attempting to log in has been reduced.