Sea of Thieves Update 2.1.1 Today (May 6) - Patch Notes, Download Size
The latest Sea of Thieves update is available now!
A brand new update has been released on May 6 for Sea of Thieves. DualShockers have got the full patch notes and download size for the new update.
Season Two of Sea of Thieves kicked off on April 15 with a plethora of new content for players to jump into. If you want to find everything that was new with Season Two of Sea of Thieves, check out the link below.
- MORE: Sea of Thieves Season Two Patch Notes
Sea of Thieves May 6 Download Size
Thanks to the official Sea of Theives website, we know the download size for the May 6 update across all platforms. You can find the sizes below.
- Xbox Series X: 4.23 GB
- Xbox Series S: 2.20 GB
- Xbox One X: 4.23 GB
- Xbox One: 2.20 GB
- Windows 10: 4.06 GB
- Steam: 4.37 GB
Sea of Thieves May 6 Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the Sea of Thieves update on May 6.
Azure Ocean Crawler Set
- The Outpost shipwrights, along with the clothing, equipment and weapon shops, now offer the Azure Ocean Crawler set for purchase. Players must obtain the Hunter of Trophy Fish Commendation to unlock access to this set.
Blackcoat Executive Admiral Set
- The Outpost clothing shops now stock the Blackcoat Executive Admiral clothing set, available to purchase for gold.
Wailing Barnacle Instruments
- A delivery previously thought lost has washed up at the Outposts! The equipment shops are now pleased to offer Wailing Barnacle musical instruments for purchase.
Black Market Archive
- The Black Market Archive has been retired and is no longer looked after by Larinna. All Black Market Archive cosmetics are now available from their respective Outpost Stores.
New Forts of Fortune!
- A wider range of Forts can now arise as fabled Forts of Fortune. Shark Fin Camp, Sailor’s Knot Stronghold, Lost Gold Fort and Kraken Watchtower have joined the locations capable of housing this dangerous encounter.
Emissary Trade Route Balancing
- Each Outpost now offers a wider range of surplus stock for purchase.
- The cost of purchasing Commodity Crates has been reduced, along with the reward when sold.
- Crates in surplus at an Outpost will now sell at a lower price than regular crates.
Resource and Commodity Crate Limits
- The crew limit on purchasing Resource or Commodity Crates has changed. Crews can now only purchase one of each crate from any given Outpost during every five in-game days.
Steam Invite Notifications
- Within the Gameplay Settings menu, players on Steam can now disable on-screen notifications when receiving invites from others.
- The Puzzle Vault door can now be unlocked using the Tall Tale quest item at Devil’s Ridge immediately after using a Boar Wayfinder Totem.
- The Reaper’s Bones Ledger reward for Bronze Tier has been updated to the correct Title.
- Crews with an active Merchant Alliance Voyage or Message in a Bottle requiring the collection of Animal Crates are now able to collect purchased Resource and Commodity Crates from Merchant Alliance representatives.
- The prompt to retrieve a purchased Commodity or Storage Crate should now appear for all crew members.
- If a player purchases a crate and then leaves the game, the other crew members will no longer be able to retrieve the crate.
- Trying to sell Resource Crates back to the Merchant representative they were purchased from now displays a message explaining they cannot be sold here.
Emissary Trade Routes
- Crates of Unclassified Gemstones should now show the correct text on the pick-up prompt and in the Merchant Inventory.
- Crates of Ungraded Tea should now show the correct text on the pick-up prompt and in the Merchant Inventory.
- Ship Collections in the Pirate Emporium will now correctly show that they have Collector’s Sails and Figureheads available to purchase separately.
Visual and Audio
- Visual effects should no longer be missing trails, including volcano rocks and Ashen Lord attacks.
- Receiving damage from an Anchorball will no longer cause the visual and audio effects to persist after the status effect has worn off.
- The Reaper’s Chest beacon should no longer be visible below the chest when approaching.
- The Sea Dog Chest beacon should now be correctly attached to the chest when a player is using a ladder.
- The Dark Adventurers Hook no longer hangs incorrectly when idle and no longer clips into ship interactions when used.
Localisation and Text
- Players should no longer get a pick-up interaction with non-localised text when using Vault Totems.
- When the game language is set to Traditional Chinese or Japanese, the Emissary tutorials will no longer have overlapping text.
Performance and Stability
- Improved game stability when collecting a Commodity Crate.
- Further improvements made to server performance, reducing latency during gameplay.