Sea of Thieves Announces Upcoming Content Plans including Events, New Ship, PvE Content, And More
Rare announced its plans for upcoming content to enrich the Sea of Thieves experience, bringing new adventures and challenges to the game.
Today Microsoft and Rare announced the plans for upcoming content updates coming to the shared world adventure game Sea of Thieves.
Below you can check out an official list of upcoming additions directly from the press release.
- Our plan is for regular content updates and weekly events:
- Content updates will add major new features alongside new items & mechanics, with new goals and rewards.
- Weekly events will introduce new mechanics, or see fun goals for players to achieve in our world.
- Our first content update is coming in early May, titled The Hungering Deep:
- The Hungering Deep brings a new AI threat to the world, that crews will have to work together to discover and defeat as part of a unique event. We will also be introducing a number of new mechanics that will assist players on this adventure, and there will be unique rewards that players can earn as part of this event.
- Beyond that, we plan two more content updates during the summer and another three more before the end of the calendar year:
- This summer we’ll debut Cursed Sails, which will include a new ship type, and Forsaken Shores, which will introduce players to a new perilous part of the world to explore. Similarly to The Hungering Deep, both of these updates will also include new gameplay mechanics for players, new AI threats to challenge and new unique rewards to claim.
- Our content plans will continue to grow and evolve, based on feedback from our players. Based on feedback since launch, we have changed the priorities for both Pets and Ship Captaincy which we had previously announced as things we would look to add in the few months after launch. These are on the backburner for now whilst we add to the game in other areas. Expect our plans to continue to be fluid but always with the goals listed above as our guiding principles.
- As we’ve always said, we never wanted to do anything to separate our players, so we’re pleased to confirm that all content updates will be available to all of our players, at no additional cost.
The updates have also been described by Design Director Mike Chapman and Executive Producer Joe Jeate, who give a lot more details about each point.
You can check out the video just below. If you want to know more about the game, you should definitely read our review.
Sea of Thieves is currently available for Xbox One and Windows 10. If you haven’t got the game yet, you can grab the Xbox One version on Amazon. You can also receive the game as part of an Xbox Game Pass subscription.
This post contains an affiliate link where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.