Secret World Legends Launches June 26th; Gets New Overview Trailer
Back in March, developer Funcom announced that it was taking its story-driven online game The Secret World and relaunching it as Secret World Legends, a conspiracy-themed shared-world action RPG .
In this transition, the game is also ditching its previous payment model and going the free-to-play route. According to Funcom the reason for the transition to free-to-play is that it wanted more players to be experience the game, and thus it was removing the hurdles of a pay-upfront structure.
Fast-forward to today, and Funcom announced that Secret World Legends will launch on PC via Steam on June 26, 2017. Additionally, the developer also released a new overview trailer, providing details on what the game is all about.
In case you prefer to read than visually learn: here’s an overview of Secret World Legends via Funcom:
Secret World Legends is a story-driven, shared-world action RPG that plunges players into a shadowy war against the supernatural, where ancient myths and legends cross over into the modern day. Armed with both weapons and superhuman abilities, you will build your powers, solve deep mysteries, and destroy terrifying evils to uncover a dark and captivating storyline that traverses the globe. Can you reveal the truth?
Secret World Legends features a revamped combat system, newly designed progression system, updated visuals, and more. You can choose to explore and uncover the story by yourself, or you can team up with other players. In the game’s central hub, Agartha, you can meet and socialize with hundreds of other players, while player population in the adventure areas beyond will be tightly controlled to make sure that the experience is as immersive as possible and that the focus remains on you and your journey.
● Fight in a Secret War against the Supernatural: Where will you stand in the secret war between good and evil as supernatural forces threaten the modern-day world? Use a wide range of weapons and superhuman abilities to destroy the sinister evils that are threatening humanity’s existence.
● Unravel the Mysteries of the Legends: Dive into the innovative Investigation Missions, where your wits are as important as your skills. Solve mysteries while battling evil in unique missions and quests never before seen in a game of its kind.
● Descend into a Dark, Mature Storyline: Secret World Legends brings storytelling to a new level by dropping you into the heart of a dramatic and chill-inducing narrative filled with unique missions, emotional punches, and mysterious Legends, brought to life by high-quality voice-acting throughout the adventure.
● Explore the Secret World: Travel from London to Seoul to New York and beyond. Explore the dark forests of Transylvania, the scorched deserts of Egypt, and a small coastal town in New England filled with horror and mystery. Visit locations inspired by the real world now invaded by creatures of myth and legend.
● Deep Character Customization: Choose from hundreds of different customization options for your character, from a deep arsenal of weapons, extensive gear and clothing, to a vast set of supernatural powers and augmentations.
● 100+ Hours of Free Stories and Gameplay: Play for free–all of the game’s 100+ hours of missions and quests are completely free to play.
● Play Solo or With Your Friends: The entire storyline is available to play through on your own, or team up in a seamless multiplayer experience where players from across the globe can adventure together.
Secret World Legends will notably relaunch with the original eight adventure playfields, scenarios, and dungeons immediately. Following the relaunch, at an undisclosed time, Funcom will release Tokyo, Nightmare Dungeons, Raids, and the rest of the content that The Secret World currently offers. All of this content, including future content, will be free.
If you’re a returning player you can link your account and transfer over any remaining membership from TSW to Secret World Legends. Additionally, if you’re aren’t on board to make the jump: you can still play The Secret World here.
Below, you can check out the new trailer: