Today, developer Mimimi Production and publisher Kalypso Media announced that Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is set to launch, both at retail and digitally, on July 28th in Europe and on August 1st in North American.
As you may know, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun launched back on December 6, 2016 for PC. To date the game has an “overwhelmingly positive” user reviews rating on Steam, aka across more than 2,300 reviews 97% of users rated the game positively. Notably, the game also boasts an impressive 85 on OpenCritic.
Never heard of Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun? No problem — here’s everything you need to know courtesy of the game’s Steam page:
Shadow Tactics is a hardcore tactical stealth game set in Japan around the Edo period. A new Shogun seizes power over Japan and enforces nationwide peace. In his battle against conspiracy and rebellion, he recruits five specialists with extraordinary skills for assassination, sabotage and espionage.
- Play as five completely different characters with their unique skill set
- Conquer seemingly impossible challenges where you are outnumbered ten to one
- Find dozens of ways to take out your opponents the way you want
- Jump from roof to roof and climb large buildings to attack the enemy from above
- Explore beautiful environments of ancient Japan in the Edo era
- Choose from three difficulty levels to match your skill
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun costs $39.99 USD. Below, you can check out its latest trailer: