Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Coming to the Nintendo Switch
Today, developer WayForward announced that Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is coming to the Nintendo Switch.
The news came via the following tweet from WayForward’s official account:
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is coming to Nintendo Switch this summer! Feel the beat with all new HD Rumble! Full details coming soon!! pic.twitter.com/WNTSGxYiSg
— WayForward (@WayForward) May 11, 2017
As you may know, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is the fourth game in the Shantae series that released on Wii U, PlayStation Vita, PS4, PC, and Xbox One last year. Here’s an official overview via its Steam page:
Shantae embarks on her first full HD adventure! When a mysterious crime wave sweeps Sequin Land, it’s up to Half-Genie Hero Shantae to save the day! Use Shantae’s devastating Hair-Whip Attack to send monsters flying, or Belly Dance to transform into a more powerful creature form! Topple the masterminds behind each criminal caper and prepare for the ultimate showdown against Shantae’s arch nemesis – the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots!
• Shantae’s trademark moves return! Dance to transform into all-new and classic creatures, or summon magical attacks! Over a dozen dances to discover in all!
• New Relic System allows players to unlock new powers and customize moves for Shantae and her many forms!
• Conquer arcade-style action stages that unfold into a full world to explore. Fast action and quest-style exploration rolled into one!
• When Shantae’s story ends, you’re just getting started! DLC Modes introduce new characters, levels, and bosses!
• Huge Bosses, humorous dialogue, and the wonderfully weird Shantae cast return, now in fully animated HD!