Fans of the bullet-hell genre can rejoice: Shikhondo: Soul Eater is coming from PC to consoles soon, and to celebrate that, the developers have released a gameplay trailer to hype up possible fans. You can check that out below.
Originally released on PC and now available on PS4 as of a couple of days ago, Shikhondo: Soul Eater will soon be arriving on the Switch and Xbox One in digital form. There will also be a physical, limited edition copy of the game available for preorder June 22 thanks to Play-Asia.
Below, you can check out the trailer, which showcases some of the high-octane, claustrophobic bullet-hell action. The artwork of the game is stylish and lavishly drawn, so be sure to take a look while you’re here.
The game is described as:
Shikhondo: Soul Eater is a Korean bullet-hell shoot ‘em up set within a beautiful and bizarre world of Asian mytehology. Armies of demons known as yokai have escaped from Limbo. They are spreading like a plague across the land, sowing fear and stealing souls. You must destroy the pestilent invaders and free the captured souls from eternal torment.
Here are some key features of the upcoming console-released bullet-hell game:
- Five stages of intense bullet-hell action and hypnotic barrage patterns.
- Game modes include: Arcade, Hardcore, Boss Rush, and Local Co-op.
- Fly close to enemy bullets to fill the Soul Gauge and unleash a super attack for high scores.
- Two playable characters, each with their own types of attack.
- Online leaderboards for high score glory.
- Demonic enemies and bosses inspired by Asian mythology.
- Stunning and intricate Oriental artwork.
- Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions.
Shikhondo: Soul Eater is currently available for its original release on PC and now on PS4 as well in digital form. You can look forward to Shikhondo: Soul Eater coming to the Switch and Xbox One later this summer.