Nine years ago the MMORPG Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine was released and players were able to explore an apocalyptic Tokyo as they formed a team of powerful demons.
Now Atlus Japan has announced that the long-running MMO will be shutting down on May 24th. They released a schedule specifying what features of the title will be discounted at what point:
- March 11 at 16:00: End of new account registrations.
- March 15 at 10:00: “Refund application” of unconsumed CP start being accepted.
- March 15 at 11:00: “Certified Net cafe services” end.
- March 23 at 13:00: CP purchases will no longer be accepted, with the end of the payment service.
- May 24 at 11:00: “Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE” end of service.
- May 24 at 11:00: CP will no longer be able to be used.
- May 31 at 11:00: “Refund application” for unconsumed CP ends.
- May 31 at 11:00: Refunds for unconsumed CP from the members who applied starts.
- June 7 at 16:00: Support for the game ends.
- June 28 at 16:00: Personal relations for the game ends.
- June 30 at 18:00: Unconsumed CP refunds are complete.
CP is a paid service that is used to purchase CP Items with real money. The English version of the title, which was run by Marvelous USA, was shut down two years ago on February 28th.