Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Coming Summer 2016, Atlus Explains Localization and Name Change
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final has been officially announced for North America by Atlus USA today for Summer 2016, with the localized name being Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse.
The new boxart for North America can be seen here:
The title, which is an expansion on the final arc of the original IV, comes with the following new features:
- Divine Intrigue – Choose between peace or anarchy while being a pawn in the gods’ chess game.
- Combat Partners – Alongside the standard three demons, players will be able to rely on one of seven partners to help win battles.
- Oodles of Demons – There will be over 450 demons to fight, fuse, or recruit. A series record.
- Revamped Demon Fusion – Demons will have affinities for certain skills, so players can better plan the outcome of fusions.
- Classic SMT Combat – Prospective Hunters will exploit weaknesses, boost attributes, and unlock skill bonuses with the returning Press Turn and Smirking systems.
Atlus also wrote at length about the localization process behind the game, as well as the reason for the subtitle change from “Final” to “Apocalypse.” You can read up on that here.
Check out the teaser trailer for the game posted just below.