Shovel Knight’s Battletoads DLC Comes to the PC Version for Free
The Battletoads make their way to the PC version of Shovel Knight through a free update, allowing players to take on the 'toads in an epic battle.
Shovel Knight has been no stranger to crossovers as characters such as God of War‘s Kratos made an appearance in the PlayStation versions of the hit game, while the Xbox One version’s cameo from the Battletoads is now making its way over to the PC version of the game.
In an update on the Steam page for Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, developer Yacht Club Games announced that the Battletoads encounter, which originally released as a free update to the Xbox One version of the game, will now be available as part of an update on the PC version of the game via Steam. In addition to the Battletoads encounter being added, you can also check out the rest of the recent changes from the game’s latest update below.
Shovel Knight is available now on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Wii U, PS Vita, PC, Mac, and Linux.
- New: The Battletoads join the fray! While playing as Shovel Knight, kick off this very special encounter by uncovering a double secret room in the Hall of Champions.
- New: Japanese language options added (Kanji and Kana).
- New: During end game credits, an icon will be displayed next to stages which have successfully had all checkpoints broken.
- New: Device detections and icons for Switch controllers (Pro Controller and Joy-Con) as well as Xbox One controllers.
- New: Mouse buttons can now be bound to gameplay actions. LMB, RMB…you name it!
- Fix: PS4 controller now properly displays “Share” as Select, instead of incorrectly displaying the Touchpad icon.
- Fix: Teethalon sometimes moving slowly throughout the entire chase sequence.
- Fix: Incorrect fullscreen monitor displaying in the Options Menu.
- Fix: Player 2 resetting controller bindings to default would resets Player 1’s bindings as well.
- Fix: Using the number row to change relics in co-op would change both player’s active relic.
Shovel of Hope
- Fix: Alternating between Toad Armor and Dust Knuckles would create inconsistent punch flips.
- Fix: Completing the game with no items collected would round up to a 1% item completion. It should now display 0%.
- Fix: Playing certain songs at the Bard resulting in erroneous playback when transitioning indoors or underground.
- Fix: Aerial Mobile Gear could be interrupted by Tinker wrench.
- Fix: Initially unable to use subweapons during battle with Mr. Hat.
- Fix: Crash would occur when changing a single Body Swap setting for a boss, failing at that boss, and then revisiting the encounter.
- Fix: Respawn point drifting farther back during many repeated deaths at the Hall of Champions boss.
- Fix: Bugs in certain lines of dialogue while playing and changing settings in Body Swap mode.
- Fix: Crash when changing Body Swap settings for only a single Boss, while fighting that Boss, falling in battle, and then retrying the encounter.
- Fix: Minor text error when changing game’s language under certain Body Swap conditions while on the Level Map.
- Fix: Random armor cheat sometimes resulting in an unusable armor set.
- Various improvements made to co-op play.
- Various text fixes for Body Swap mode.
- Various improvements made to Battletoads encounter and rewards.
Plague of Shadows
- Fix: Rematch: Shovel Knight alchemy power meter never fully refilling.
- Fix: Erroneous screen transition when falling into the right most pit in the final anchor room of Iron Whale.
- Fix: Liquid Samurai could be pushed off ceilings by Vat arcana.
- Fix: Plague being invisible and immobile when caught in a double KO with the final boss.
- Fix: Failing to defeat Black Knight on the world map could sometimes lead to multiple encounters occupying the same space.
- Fix: Shadow blocks being destroyed by having an orbit bomb active during the penultimate boss battle.
Specter of Torment
Fix: Curio Upgrade menu can now be advanced with the Start button, similar to other menus that don’t use Start for another action.
Fix: Using Cold Shoulder after a certain dancing scene would pause the animation (the coldest of shoulders).
Fix: Specific timing would enable movement while still in a nearby shop after speaking with Red.
Fix: Defeating Tinker Knight very, very fast with cheats resulting in unintended behavior.
Fix: Being killed by Propeller Knight moments before a phase change would bring Specter back with no health.
Fix: Reize would appear incorrectly when defeated mid-teleport.
Fix: Plague Knight would sometimes appear without contact damage active after a teleport.
Fix: Performing a unique pose in a certain armor set is now duplicated by Blood Mirror (Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!)
Fix: Getting hit right when beginning a rail grind would cancel out death.
Fix: Specter Knight losing active attack frames when releasing a charged slash at the very end of a rail.
Fix: Starting Black Knight, Phantom Striker, or Treasure Knight with Skeleton Sniper or active lantern flames causing erroneous behavior.
Fix: Luan jumps prioritized better when backtracking through a room.Change: Adjusted visibility of certain background tiles found in Tower and Flying Machine stages.
Various localization and menu prompt spacing fixes.
Improvements to keyboard key icons so they take up less space.