Yacht Club Games’ Shovel Knight has been getting a ton of updates recently, many of which revolving around the upcoming Shovel Knight amiibo and the Plague Knight expansion. However, the latest update (presently only available for Steam), introduces some minor adjustments and bug fixes. From here on out, they will slowly trickle out to every other platform. Check out the patch notes for Update 2.2 below:
- New: [Plague] Mail Minion will now read a letter to you which includes all sorts of neat stats.
- New: [Plague] Minion can now appear within Plains of Passage to explain how to perform a bomb burst in case you’re stuck!
- New: [Plague] Shovel Knight’s Secret Palette Cheats now work when playing as Plague Knight (Plague uses #1-16, SK uses #1-32)
- Adjustment: [Plague] vs Propeller Knight has been tuned to be less difficult.
- Adjustment: [Plague] Alchemy menu is slightly faster to open, close, and select items.
- Fix: [Plague] Lock up when defeating Mole Knight when Mole Knight is hiding in the wall.
- Fix: [Plague] Health display inconsistencies when upgrading health while maxed out on health tonics.
- Fix: Re-added some missing treasure in the first enemy map encounter
- Fix: Item Completion percent surpassing 100%. (armors were being counted twice)
- Fix: Crash when defeated by Mr. Hat, quitting while in the Fancy Shop, or returning to the fancy shop after defeating Mr. Hat in the Armor Outpost. (2.1 only)
- Fix: Player can collect pickups while in chest open surprise animation.
- 3DS & Wii U: [Plague] Relic heap icons appear on the touch screen now too!
- 3DS: Crash when viewing Plague Knight Feats in German while stereoscopic 3D is enabled.
- 3DS and Wii U: [Shovel] Fixed crash when exiting stage while the Troupple Chalice is selected. (2.1 only)
- 3DS and Wii U: [Plague] Fixed crash (and made other improvements) when using relic quick and arcana touch menu at the same time.
- 3DS: Fixed crash when quitting to world map when recording a ghost in the StreetPass arena while playing with Custom Knight. (2.1 only)
- Wii U: [Co-Op] Treasure Knight Chest doesn’t pull in respawning players
As mentioned earlier, Yacht Club games is planning on finishing all the other stretch goals in the Kickstarter (various campaigns and gender swap mode) by 2016.