Sifu Update 1.08 Patch Details & Release Time Today (May 3)
The first of four major Sifu updates arrives today!
Sloclap will be bringing a highly requested community feature to Sifu today (May 3), which comes as a part of a brand new content update for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC players.
Today’s update will be the first in four major content updates for Sifu, all of which will be free for owners of the game. New difficulty options, advanced scoring, replay editor, and more will be spread out across the new patches. The first will be deployed later today, with the remaining three being spread out across Summer, Fall, and Winter.
Sifu’s developers took to Twitter to confirm the update would be going live on PlayStation and The Epic Games Store at 8AM PT / 11AM ET / 3PM UTC / 4PM BST.
- READ MORE: Play as John Wick, Scorpion, or Chun Li in This Magnificent Sifu Mod
Sifu Difficulty Update and 2022 Roadmap
Update 1.08 for Sifu will be deployed later today (Tuesday, May 3) and will include some brand new features and cosmetic items for players to get their hands on.
When Sifu launched back in February for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC, one of the main complaints fans had was the difficulty of the action beat ’em up. Thankfully, Sloclap heard fans loud and clear and will be including a brand new difficulty option in today’s update.
Following the latest content update, players will be able to choose between three new options:
- Student (Easy)
- Your character has more health and ages slower, enemies are less aggressive and fight with simplified combos.
- Disciple (Medium)
- The classic Sifu experience, for players who want to enjoy the game’s original level of difficulty.
- Master (Hard)
- Your character is more vulnerable, enemies are relentless and fight with more intricate patterns.
Alongside the new difficulty options, owners of the Sifu Deluxe Edition will be receiving the new ‘Young Man Suit’ in the latest patch. The outfit will come as part of the new Outfit Selection feature, and will also be available for the female character too.
Fans can check out the roadmap below, which details new features such as Advanced Scoring, New Game Modes, and more. Or, keep reading for the full patch notes for today’s update.
- READ MORE: After Xbox, PlayStation Hiring Director For Acquisitions & Boosting Growth
Sifu Update 1.08 Patch Notes (May 3)
Below you will find the official patch notes for the May 3 Sifu update, which brings the game to version 1.08 with the following changes and new features:
New Features Recap:
Our Sifu Spring 2022 Content Update will bring a range of new features for our players:
- Difficulty options – Players will now be able to choose their difficulty setting in Sifu: Student, Disciple & Master. The original Sifu difficulty level corresponds to the middle setting, Disciple. It is now possible to either play the game in an easier setting, or to make it harder for experienced players who have already finished the game.
- New Outfit feature – Players will now be able to change the main character’s outfit in the Wuguan. All players will be able to unlock two new outfits and more will be added in coming updates. One extra outfit will also be added for all Deluxe edition owners!
- Advanced training mode – In the updated training mode, players will now be able to face any kind of enemy archetype or bosses they have defeated in the story, as well as face multiple enemies at once.
- Dark mode & UI improvements – We have also added various quality of life improvements such as a dark mode for the in-game menus, better mouse & keyboard support and improved HUD readability. We have also added the support of 5.1 sound systems as well as the 21:9 format resolutions.
Full list of changes:
Design – Outfits:
- Added an interactive wardrobe in the Wuguan for Outfit selection
- Added 3 new outfits with unlock conditions
Design – Training room:
- Added most of the in-game enemies types : When you fight and defeat any enemy, you unlock them in the training room, allowing you to train and fight against advanced archetypes and the bosses.
- Added the possibility to fight multiple enemies at once.
- Added the possibility to redo the tutorial.
Design – Difficulty Settings:
Student Difficulty (Easy Mode) :
- More life and structure for the Main Character
- Enemies are less aggressive
- Enemies are less reactive in defense
- Simplified patterns for various archetypes and bosses
- The Death Counter cannot beyond 1
- Better shrine rewards
Disciple Difficulty (Normal Mode) :
- The original Sifu experience
Master Difficulty (Hard Mode) :
- Less life and structure for the Main Character
- More life and structure for various enemies
- Enemies are more aggressive
- Enemies are more reactive in defense
- New patterns for bosses
Design – Hotfixes:
- Fixed the Juggernaut ability to retaliate while defending
- Quicker post parry follow-up with various weapons
- The camera is further away when surrounded by enemies during takedowns and focus
- Fixed issues with 21/9 display screens
- Fixed video looping issue on PS5
- Various rendering fixes for low quality mode
- Fixed some streaming issues
- Fixed some minor texturing issues for Yang’s 3D models
- Add a “Dark Mode” display option to switch between light and dark backgrounds in the -menus, light backgrounds are now slightly less bright
- Popups now warn you more clearly about important choices
- More discreet XP box in HUD
- Clearer feedback when a focus bar is full
- Various keyboard inputs display fixes
- Audio output format selection
- Fix some unwanted behaviour on surround audio systems