Sims 4 1.49 Update Patch Notes Today (November 2nd)
Here are the patch notes of Sims 4 1.49 update.
Sims 4 has received an all-new update today and it makes some interesting changes to the game.
- MORE: How to Get The New Minecraft Launcher?
It is quite a major update for the game as there are new features such as Scenarios, Sims delivery, and much more. Here are the complete patch notes of the update.
Sims 4 1.49 Update Patch Notes Today
As you all saw, or heard from a friend, in our latest Inside Maxis we introduced Scenarios as a new way to play The Sims 4, and starting Today you will be able to experience it.
But what are Scenarios?
Scenarios are situations that will be available in-game where Simmers can choose to participate and work toward an outcome for their Sims. Now the fun part is that there are different outcomes per Scenario and that there are many ways to achieve those outcomes. This means that there is more than one way to complete one Scenario so you as Simmers have multiple options toward the outcome that you want.
Each Scenario has a theme but what happens in said Scenario is up to you as you work toward your desired outcome; you never know how the story will go but only your actions and time will tell. <evil laugh>
In Today’s update we have two Scenarios:
- Making Money: Money, money, money, money, MOOONNEEEY! <ahem> This Scenario places your Sim in quite the predicament by having their bank account reset after they have moved in a Lot – yup zero Simoleons, nada – the difficulty could increase if your Sim chooses between Unfurnished and Furnished Lots, or if they bulldoze their space. To complete the Scenario you’ll have to earn your way to one million Simoleons. How you get to one million – it can be however you wish, just don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. <wink>
- Finding Love after a Break Up: Love hurts… love scars. This Scenario places your Sim right after they have broken up with their significant other. Your Sim’s task is to find love either by salvaging that relationship that broke apart, or finding new love with someone else. Which will your Sim choose? It’s your Sim’s time to dream; which Sim will win their heart?
If you choose to partake in either one – or both – remember that in this initial list of Scenarios you will do so with a new Household. And don’t worry! These Households will stay with you after they complete each Scenario.
As SimGuruDuck said in our Inside Maxis, sometimes some Scenarios will be there for a limited time, and some will be updated and tweaked – some will be like a challenge, some may not – but in all, we will add more over time and you can expect improvements and/or additions to this system over time as well! I’m looking forward to hearing from you and what your Sims are up to with these.
A Sims Delivery is coming your way in an update near you.
With this update, we are preparing our game to welcome a new system that will allow us to deliver content to the Base Game for all of you as a complementary, more spontaneous little sibling of our regular game updates. Join us in welcoming Sims Delivery Express!
Sims Delivery Express, or SDX for short, will be able to make Sims Deliveries without needing a full game update. But what does this mean? What kind of things is a Sims Delivery? What do you eat with it? Well, let me tell you:
- A Sims Delivery can be a Create A Sim or a Build Mode asset.
- A Sims Delivery can be small pockets of gameplay that don’t require a Base Game update to be accessible by you all.
- A Sims Delivery can also be tiny, little fixes that don’t need a Base Game update to release.
- A Sims Delivery is always Free.
All this to say that even though some of you – I see you super tech-savvy Simmers – will see through today’s update files that Sims Delivery is in existence, this feature will be available for you at a later date. A note for Console players, make sure you have linked your account to EA through the game so that you can be ready to receive Sims Deliveries when they are available; for more information on how to do so, I’ve got you – you can read about it here.
Stay tuned for a future update where I can share more details and facts about Sims Delivery Express.
Do you like Plants?
I like plants, and we like plants. Are you a proud Plant Parent? So are we! Well… some of us are anyway <looks at her dead plants a bit embarrassed>. In this update, we’ve made some adjustments on the backend for decorative plants across the Base Game and Packs adding an environment score and a more appropriate price in Build Mode to match their fictional rareness or worth. This change goes hand in hand with a small change to the text related to Environment Gain/Loss in Build Mode assets that display it to be more appropriate with the true intent of that score. Instead of Minor Environment Gain/Loss, it is now called Lot Environment Gain/Loss.
We are hoping this change makes a difference for all of you!
- We fixed an issue that made Toddlers walk with animations that were not quite fitting for a Toddler. I don’t know about you all, but if my Toddler in-game looked like they had a lot of coffee, I would be concerned – and this is coming from the caffeine queen herself. Luckily we were able to solve this issue and they should walk properly now.
- Noticed the Bonsai Tree was a little… text averse? We did too – we made sure the Bonsai was properly potted and trimmed which solved its text attachment issues, so now its text should be displayed properly in Build Mode.
- Speaking about text averse, some of the variants for the Mega Stacked Stone wall texture have been fixed in Build Mode as well to display proper text.
- Over the years, Yoga practices have incorporated a number of equipment choices such as super comfy and hypoallergenic mats, yoga socks, sweat-proof technology clothing and towels, you name it… but what is never OK is practicing Yoga with shoes on. Sims should no longer be practicing Yoga with shoes on, as if.
- The “I Took a Welding Class Once” Double Bed has been adjusted to show Stress and Comfort values as well as a reduced price. I mean, I took a welding class once, but I’m not quite in luxury status yet.