Sine Mora EX Gets a Switch eShop Trailer: Coming out Summer 2017
Nintendo UK released a trailer and interview about Sine Mora EX which included new info like a release date of Summer 2017 and a new local coop mode.
Announced back in early March by THQ, Sine Mora EX finally has a launch window (at least for the Switch). Grasshopper Manufacture’s horizontal shoot-em-up was originally revealed to be coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC and this new Nintendo eShop trailer might shed some light on those versions as well. The Switch copy is coming out Summer 2017 and it’s likely that the game will be coming out on all platforms at the same day. Also, the Amazon.com listing of the PS4 physical copy has it at $19.99 USD, most likely applying to all other versions as well.
Sine Mora EX was also given an information page on Nintendo’s website. It seems like a lot of the features are the same with the update compared to the 2012 original. However, the mention of a local coop mode seems to be one of the biggest new additions.
The YouTube page for the trailer also links to an interview by Nintendo UK with Brandon Sheffield, the localiser from the original Hungarian game. The EX edition will have English voice acting, a few multiplayer modes, the above mentioned coop mode (where player 2 takes control of a drone), and a ‘normal’ difficulty setting to make the challenge more accessible to gamers unfamiliar with the genre.
The expansive story mode of the game takes place on the planet of Seol, which houses two major factions. The Enkie are the more peaceful of the two with a strong link to the traditions of their people. They also happen to famous for their ability to manipulate time. This puts them in the sights of the competing (and dictatorial) Layil Empire, which lays waste to the Enkies with devastating weapons. The tale spans multiple viewpoints of those looking for justice and revenge on the corrupt kingdom.
- Engrossing story integrated seamlessly into the action to elevate the user experience
- Unique, time extension based gameplay
- 7 beautifully crafted, diverse stages
- Over 50 different weapon combinations with time manipulating devices
- Great accessibility – Story Mode is tailored to not scare away absolute newcomers to the genre
- Risk and reward – multiple difficulty levels in Arcade Mode with deep scoring and hidden rank system for the more experienced players
- Music composed by Akira Yamaoka, Sound Director of Silent Hill and Shadows of the Damned
- Featuring boss designs by Mahiro Maeda, one of the most prominent Japanese anime creators (Blue Submarine No. 6, The Animatrix – The Second Renaissance, Kill Bill: Vol. 1)
You can see the gorgeous visuals of Sine Mora EX for yourself in the trailer below. We’ll have more info (like a release date) as soon as it becomes available.