Skyrim Gets Another Update for the PC, More Bugs Mercilessly Squashed
Bethesda just announced that a new update for the PC version of Skyrim has gone live. In fact, I’m downloading it right now as I write this. The team at Bethesda are constantly working on new updates and fixing old bugs, as is expected. Since this is the first update after the Creation Kit and Steamworks mod updates were released, some of the fixes deal with loading the game with these mods.
Then, of course, there are in-game bug fixes, including making your companions stealthier, which is always a good thing, especially when you’re trying to steal that old shirt from the poor dude on the corner in Riften who is already living neck-deep in poverty. Do you feel good about yourself? Do you?! The full list of changes in this patch are after the break.
LAUNCHER (1.4.27, PC ONLY)
- Fixed issue with downloading mods when you are subscribed to more than 50 mods
- Fixed crash when loading a subscribed mod that has been removed from Workshop by the author
- Mod load order functionality
BUG FIXES (1.4.27, PC ONLY)
- Fixed occasional crashes when loading a save that relies on plugins/master files that no longer exist
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive while charging an enchanted weapon
- Fixed issue where controls would occasionally become unresponsive while switching from third to first person while using the Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive if activating a crafting station with autorun active
- Fixed issue where keyboard would fail if Rename Item was selected before choosing the number of charges, while using Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed several issues with remapping buttons while using an Xbox 360 controller
- Fixed issue where pressing Escape button after fast traveling but before the loading would cause certain menus to stop working properly
- Followers now sneak properly when player is sneaking