Skyrim: Special Edition Update 1.001 Patch Notes Today (November 22)
Today's patch aims to fix the "black screen" issue!
Following the release of the 10th Anniversary Edition of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, a new update was deployed for those that owned the Special Edition of the game. Unfortunately, that patch appears to have caused a few bugs and glitches.
Following the release of the 10th Anniversary Edition, many players began experiencing ‘black screen’ issues, amongst various other bugs and glitches. Bethesda promptly issued a statement on their official Discord stating that they were hard at work on a fix.
Now it looks like that fix has arrived a new Skyrim: Special Edition update was deployed earlier today (November 22) for both Xbox and PlayStation users.
Hopefully, today’s patch means no more black screen issues. But there were some other important fixes too, all of which can be found in the patch notes below.
- READ MORE: Skyrim 10th Anniversary Edition Creation Club Content
Skyrim: Special Edition Patch Size
The patch size for the November 22 Skyrim: Special Edition update will vary depending on your platform. Some users are reporting an 11GB download size on Xbox, whilst PlayStation users only appear to have a 2GB update to download.
- READ MORE: Fan Discovers Warzone’s Cutscenes Fit Perfectly As Anime Opening
Skyrim: Special Edition Patch Notes (November 22)
Below you will find the official patch notes for the November 22 Skyrim: Special Edition update. These patch notes were taken directly from the Bethesda Studios Discord.
This patch contains the following fixes:
- Fixed an entitlement issue that occurred when purchasing the Anniversary Edition upgrade on PS4 and then switching to PS5.
- Fixed an issue where catching a fish wouldn’t trigger the appropriate animation on PS4.
- Fixed a problem preventing some doors in Rielle from opening properly.
- Fixed an issue where Russian and Polish notes were not displaying text properly.
- Fixed an issue where German and French players were given incorrect menu text when leveling up.
- Fixed an issue where players were experiencing a “black screen” and upon launching.